URGENT PSU neededed between 500 and 600 Watts, please suggest

zteampro

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
Hello, I would be using it in i5, asus haswell and with no graphic card. The real question is that I have very limited choices. And the choices are:

Corsair Gaming GS600 Watts Model: CP-9020063
Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550 Watts Model: RS550-80GAJ3
Cooler Master GXII 550 Watts Model: RS-750-ACAA-B1
NO ANTEC, SEASONIC, XFX, XIGMATEK AVAILABLE HERE.
Please suggest ASAP! Thanks and Regards

genz

Distinguished
The CM Silent Pro will get you the most stable power output, it's Gold rated as well so it bears 90% efficiency throughout the spectrum.

The GS600 is only bronze rated (80%) so you're looking at a shorter period of time before the output voltage of the PSU drops below that which the PC needs. (As PSUs age their output dips). From what I hear it also delivers a less stable voltage, with fluttering on the 12v.

The GX2 is a reasonable choice, plagued by the same issues of bronze rating. It's better than the GS600. I would recommend this if you didn't have a Haswell as it's probably the most rock solid build PSU for OCing, and the extra 50w of power would help, even if that only translates to an effective increase of a few watts (take away 10% of the power for the lower efficiency).

All in all, try for the Silent Pro. It will serve you well, last longer, and require a little less power for the same job saving you on your bill.