• gx2
  • Intel i5
  • Corsair
  • Components
  • Asus
  • Graphics Cards
Last response: in Components
October 10, 2013 12:24:31 AM

Hello, I would be using it in i5, asus haswell and with no graphic card. The real question is that I have very limited choices. And the choices are:

Corsair Gaming GS600 Watts Model: CP-9020063
Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550 Watts Model: RS550-80GAJ3
Cooler Master GXII 550 Watts Model: RS-750-ACAA-B1
NO ANTEC, SEASONIC, XFX, XIGMATEK AVAILABLE HERE.
Please suggest ASAP! Thanks and Regards

More about : urgent psu neededed 500 600 watts suggest

October 10, 2013 5:39:48 AM

The CM Silent Pro will get you the most stable power output, it's Gold rated as well so it bears 90% efficiency throughout the spectrum.

The GS600 is only bronze rated (80%) so you're looking at a shorter period of time before the output voltage of the PSU drops below that which the PC needs. (As PSUs age their output dips). From what I hear it also delivers a less stable voltage, with fluttering on the 12v.

The GX2 is a reasonable choice, plagued by the same issues of bronze rating. It's better than the GS600. I would recommend this if you didn't have a Haswell as it's probably the most rock solid build PSU for OCing, and the extra 50w of power would help, even if that only translates to an effective increase of a few watts (take away 10% of the power for the lower efficiency).

All in all, try for the Silent Pro. It will serve you well, last longer, and require a little less power for the same job saving you on your bill.
!