Parts for a super budget build & stripping/rebuilding.

Adam7999c

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
Hi, I would like some suggestions for parts on my next build. I have no precise budget as I'm not very clued up on lower end parts. I need a 2nd desktop to have at my dad's house for me/my brother (I don't want a laptop because I only ever use a computer between houses). I want a micro atx desktop for less than £300 (no OS required, the cheaper the better) that I will use for very low end gaming and occasionally strip & rebuild completely (I haven't got the space to store multiple builds & want something I can practice building on because I don't want to take apart my main rig). My toaster could probably run the games I want to play on it so I don't even need a last gen gpu in order to play these but want a graphics card nevertheless (BF2, Morrowind, Flatout, Enclave, Halo CE and other old games spring to mind. I'd like to be able to play new games on this system but I don't really care).

I was looking at an AMD Sempron 145 (or Athlon II x2 250 maybe), 2gb ram (maybe 4gb, I still want a good system), GT210 (or HD 5450, or maybe GT430), 160gb hdd (can't think of any need for more) as rough specs, cheap and not horrifically outdated. If anyone can suggest parts in order to make it cheap yet not stupidly outdated it'd be much appreciated. Also is anyone aware of any issues to do with rebuilding systems multiple times?

Adam7999c

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013

The games I mentioned in the original post are around 8-12 years old, I wouldn't use the system for much more than web browsing otherwise. I've played shogun 2 on intel hd 4000 before 720p minimum settings so surely something like a GT 430 could easily handle old games well and maybe even new games on lower settings. This is not going to be my primary system, just something I can use and play an old game on from time-to-time when I don't have access to my other pc.