Question about what mobo might be right for me

TonyXJ

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
Hello, I'm about to move from buying brand PC's to building one myself, and am really not that experienced around chosing mobos that have what I need.

My budget for the mobo would be around 200euros give or take 50.

Some essentials that might be worth mentioning before suggesting me great mobo's:
- Gtx 770 (although I might wait for nvidia to answer to the competetive price of amd's new R9, or at elite case buying a sub-par R9)
- Water cooling will probably be present in my build as I will be having a obsidian 750D case for the added beauty (I'm a fashonista freak ~ don't hate me).
- I am also very interested in overclocking, so any mobos that would make this easier and less "risky" would be great!
-Win8 will be run in my system, probably modded to have the non-appealing tablet look/feel gone.
-Haswell i5 4670K

If any additional info is required, feel free to ask questions. Thanks in advance!

And just to clarify, I'm looking for suggestions in general also, but particulary motherboard type/brand/features that I should be looking into.

The ASUS Z87 - Pro is a good board and below your budget and good match with the i5. I am using that board with an i7 4770k and have it OC'd to 4.6 Ghz. I am not using watercooling and it is doing fine as far as temps go. There are some good air coolers out there. The Motherboard I have was $200 USD, so will be about 180 Euros I think.