Gamepad / USB port issue -- This is a very strange one so be prepared !

randellrambo

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
Hi guys,
So I've had 2 Logitech F310 gamepads for close to a year without any trouble (infact I would highly recommend them)

4 days ago Gamepad 'A' that was plugged in USB Port 1 started playing up. The RT button was the problem, it wasn't stuck or loose it would simply sort of press itself when playing FIFA 14 and cause unwanted actions.

So I decided to switch the gamepads' ports. Now I had Gamepad 'B' in USB Port 1 and I quickly noticed the same problem while Gamepad 'A' which was now on port 2 seemed to work flawlessly.

So by this point I've managed to realize that its not a hardware fault.. the problem is that I don't know WHAT it could be.. driver issue, recent win 7 update, USB Port issue (seems unlikely since its just the one button causing trouble)

Any suggestions ? Any similar situations.

Sorry if it took so long but I consider myself quite an advanced type of user and can't figure this out.

do they use detatchable cables? if so could it be a faulty cable.

try gamepad a and b out on a different pc if possible.
try them on different usb ports as well (ie the rear ones)

if you only have an issue when using the one port and the problem appears on both a and b on that port but goes away on all other ports then my guess would be some sort of issue with the usb slot. its not an unknown issue.