Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Firefox OS Updated, Getting Wider Distribution

Last response: in News comments
October 10, 2013 5:26:56 PM

Its been weeks since firefox crashed on me. And I keep it open all the time.
Score
October 11, 2013 1:07:07 AM

I like their idea, an OS made for low end devices. it can even lead to cheaper low end devices.
Score
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 11, 2013 3:01:11 AM

^ I think Android has low-end to high-end devices locked up
Score
October 11, 2013 3:57:36 AM

Android runs terribly on low end devices without rooting and customizing it, whereas this runs smoothly on the low end devices, thats why it will be popular for low-end devices compared to Android. Same with WP which also works great on low end devices, the Lumia 520 is great value
Score
October 11, 2013 6:23:31 AM

Kieran Warren said:
Android runs terribly on low end devices without rooting and customizing it, whereas this runs smoothly on the low end devices, thats why it will be popular for low-end devices compared to Android. Same with WP which also works great on low end devices, the Lumia 520 is great value

Android runs perfectly on any device.
Android-BASED OS-es, on the other hand... are at the mercy of their respective manufacturers and software developers.
"Rooting and customizing", as you put it, only provides a means to restore an Android-BASED OS as close as possible to it's Android (as in Google-made) form. The fact that it runs smoother after that process only proves my point.
Score
October 11, 2013 8:29:19 AM

I wouldn't use any other browser than Firefox. If a for-profit entity offers you a product for free, you're not the customer -- you're the product. Mozilla or death.
Score
October 13, 2013 3:00:53 AM

As I own a ZTE-open phone, I await this update, will ZTE keep these phones updated I wonder?
Score
!