MSI g41M-p33 combo Chipset heat

rcfaro

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
Hi,

I buy 1 mouth ago motherboard MSI G41m-p33 combo i install windows everything working fine until i play a game. When iam playing 2 in 2minutes (+/-) my fps drop 60 to 5.
With HardwareMonitor i check temperature TMPiN1 when reaches 65º (degrees) i have this lag until temperature back to 58º. I see a video in Youtube one guy with same mobo doing intensive test with Heaven Benchmark and this temperature don't passes of 40º. My minimum temperature is 43º (?!)

someone can say the problem is mobo or other hardware?

My specs:
Q6600 2.4 @ 3.0ghz
2x2G DDR3 1600 @ 1333
Saphire HD 6850
MSI G41M-p33 Combo
PSU Halfmman 700W

sERTjCT.png

Lithosphere

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
Hi m8. I have same cpu and motherboard and i have same problem. after all my resarch i figure this. This booard support max 95 watt for cpus. and our cpu quad q 6600 burst max 105 watt. when ur cpu try tro do this ur mother board going crazy and it stops feed gpu power and data ways going hot. this problem couse this cpu power limits not fit with card.

But dont worry. Its the solution: Go windows power managment(power options). Enter the plan which u have been using for example high performans. Click change plan optins. then click advanced power settings. roll down and find cpu power managment. set max an min cpu usage at %80 not more maybe 85 but sure not 90. Set both 85 or 80 . i didnt try 85 btw. on me 80 is working great. Then u are done. it will inhibrit ur cpu to pull power more then ur chipset can improve. and u will have no problem. btw still not realy sure chipset or data ways are being overloading but this solution works.

Lithosphere

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
btw i have 1333 drr3 rams. this card web site says i have to oc to use at 1333 but on bios max limits seen on me 1:2 = 1066 max. How can u use ur rams at 1333.

Lithosphere

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
btw normaly nearly all quad and i3-5-7 series need average 65 watt. mean normaly this chipset is fine but on q6600 and q6800 need 105 max. this issue is about alittle cpu issue. i mean these cpus need absurd power to work full performans.

rcfaro

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
The problem is the mothrboard... our CPU Q6600 is very strong for that mobo but this just happen when we play, for other things the mobo is good enough just not good for playing games with Multicore.

My Solution:
Put 80mm Fan direct to heatsinks near CPU after go to windows Control painel \ Hardware and Sound \ Power Options \ Edit Plan Settings here you have "advanced power options" click there go down to "Processor power management" open and there you have "Minimum processor performance state change to 5% and in Maximum processor performance state change 98% and Save.

For me it works, now i can play any game with any breacks this config dont let your CPU use that 105W and fan help heatstiks stay cool.

Hope help with this informatio... sorry my English.

JERRYCLInton

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
I have the same issue in warframe previously I ran it fine changed the MOBO to MSI-g41M-p33-combo
Specs:
Video Card: Zotac GTX 550 TI
RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333
CPU: Core 2 Duo @ 2.9(quad core)
Hard Drive: 1 TB
PSU: 800W Modular
Win7: Ultimate X86
same specs befire just different MOBO
Im only guessing its the motherboard, although my Temp for all my hardware is stable as hell
I ran FurMark ran fine
In Warframe I go from ~112 fps and spike to 8-10 FPS

-Also note every driver is up to date and installed and BIOS is at its current most update-
not a voltage issue
please dont tell me a solution that does not work as I have tried all solutions related to this problem- only ruled out the MOBO itself being older than the rest of the hardware, but than why would it specify allocating up to date LGA775 Over clocking and such? all questions that make this MOBO so confusing.

rcfaro

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013

HI,

Yes is the MOBO... You have same problem i have it before ours CPU its very strong for that mobo when CPU usage all Wats MOBO heats and you get that FPS drops until temps back to normal. sometimes is a few secounds others times is minutes.

What version is your CPU? You need update your PC or put a FAN direct to mofets like i do and works well... ANd you need change your CPU usage to 95% in WIndows Power Advanced Settings. Check my old Posts.

pratikmishra

Reputable
Jul 10, 2015
Even I'm having the same problem with my MSI G41M-p33 combo motherboard with Q8400 cpu and GTX 560. I followed other peoples advice in the forum and changed min processor state to 80% and max to 95%. It causes a bit of performance decrease but atleast u can play at playable frame rates for sure!!! thanks everybody!

But I want to know can we use ThrottleStop instead of changing the power states.???

barthide

Honorable
Feb 11, 2015
Hi..i got same specs as you guys..but still got no cpu heat problem..except for sometimes my gpu heating up cause i use one without a fan. but i installed 2 extra cpu fan on the front and side panel.u should install a better cpu fan and extra fans also.it helps..

by the way, any of u guys manage to get 8gb max for MSI G41M-p33 combo?