Valve Announces Steam Developer Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokit

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
Valve is making serious moves. I still have alittle believe in them. For now the whole idea with consoles that are infact PCs in alot of different configurations looks strange.

If they can pull this off - getting AAA titles on the platform and actually selling units - it will be good for every gamer out there.

This paradigm of having only two choices (CPUs, GPUs, Consoles, Cable companies, Political affiliations, etc...) has to end for real competition to proceed.

iamadev

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012

Well that explains Gabe's attitude lately. He does seem like a bit of a (massive) grumpster.

Id like to see Steam OS take off but I don't see it offering any bonus for anyone other than die hard Valve fans and Valve themselves. Yes it will add another option for consumers but that will only be a good thing if it takes off in a major way and that is a tall order with a new gen of consles and the fact it won't play all steam games. Add to that the fact that the machines will be as almost expensive as full blown PCs without the choice of software, will be crippled by a one of a kind controller that no other device uses and there is little upside to this.

Options are great but we have seen these kind of things tried in the past and it never seems to end well for anyone.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Get the AAA titles on board and I will be interested, because I already paid a lot for them, without the games no amount of Apps will make me use it - but on a HTPC makes sense streaming from a more capable Windows collection

Status
Not open for further replies.