How to fix a Windows 7 (64 bits) gone completely crazy?

marcoromeo

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
Hi all,

I have a pc with Windows7 64 bits since 1 year and half but today it has gone completely crazy.

This morning I turned on the computer and the following things happened:
1- impossible to open programs from the desktop (neither through double-click or rightclick->open)
2- impossible to open applications from the list of recent applications in the Start Menu
3- no applications in the Start Menu (blank list)
4- "my computer" is now called "my computer(32 bits)" as many other things (i.e. recycle bin became "recycle bin (32bits)")
5- can't access the control panel, system settings and all other managers from icons (only from command line)
6- in the task manager, everything that is working have a "*32" label (which wasn't happening previously). Even though, I can run 64bit programs if I open them directly from the program files folder
7- no system recovery point available

A quick search for viruses gave negative, microsoft fix hasn't detected anything wrong and creating a new user hasn't solved the issue.

Now making an extensive virus scan (will take forever) but any help or idea would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

marcoromeo

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
Update...
The issue is getting worst and worst, while the antivirus is still not finding any virus.
Basically I discovered that many managing windows can't be opened even through commandline... I can't access the control panel, the application manager (for un-installing software) or the main screen of the system properties (to check the system summary).

Weird!

marcoromeo

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
The extensive virus scan is now completed and is negative.
I understood that my problem could be related with wrong assignment for shortcut links. I tried to fix the register following various tutorials and guides but it was all useless.

Still need your help :s