Fresh Build PC , Starts up but no post beeps no video/ monitor reads no signal. All Fans spining |help?|

What should he do?

• Total voters

Oyez

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
So i recently just helped my friend ( over skype he lives in the US im in CA) build his first pc / gaming rig. and from what i see over skype (webcam) and what hes telling me he put everything together right it took him about 10 hours to put it together then we spent 4 hours trouble shooting with no luck. Basicaley everything is where it go's ( i belive ) and all the cords are hooked up. but when he hits the power button all the fans spin up, case fan's, cpu, gpu, leds come on the green light on motherboard and gpu come on, but there no post beeps at all and the fans are suppper quiet ( maybey there just good fans idk lol)

but the fans on my pc when i start it are loud like u can tell its on idk if that means there is something wrong with his or if my pc is just loud lol, Anyways, after it starts and we see everything sping and the leds all on we look at the screen and it says HDMI no signal same thing when we try with DVI and VGA (using the DVI to VGA adapter)

this is anew build so there is no operating system installed etc.. there no post beeps at all when he removes ramm, video card, disk drives etc. or when everything is hooked up.

(yes the cords in the back are right( hdmi pulged in, power keyboard mouse)

we really need some help i also kinda blamming myself:( because i talked him into the idea and said it would be easy, because for me it was i dident have a problem and nether did other people i know at this point im out of idea's i dont what to do, hes trying to find out everything to do without having to go to a pc shop and pay them $200 + just to tell him somethings broke.:??:

Parts are as follows:

Case: Rosewell ATX Mid Tower BlackHawk

MotherBoard: Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 AM3+ FX etc..
PowerSupply: Apevia ATX/CB 700 watt
CPU: AMD FX 6300 6 Core 3.5GHZ ( AMD FX BlackEdition)
VIdeo Card: Asus Radeon HD 7770 2GB GDDR5
Ramm: G Skill RipJaw's 4GB 1600
Hardrive: unknown
DVD/CD Drive: unknown

brooTool

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
LOL sorry. Let me better explain, the new computer might not recognize your graphic card. SO, you plug directly into the MOBO DVI slot, boot up. ----->
Install all your MOBO drivers then install all your Graphic card drivers. After you have done that, you need to go into bios, you need to change your main video source to your graphics card. After that, Save and restart, then shut down and switch monitor cables to your graphics card and boot up. Let me know ASAP!

brooTool

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
you said you were using a DVI cable and using a converter to vga?

"but the fans on my pc when i start it are loud like u can tell its on idk if that means there is something wrong with his or if my pc is just loud lol, Anyways, after it starts and we see everything sping and the leds all on we look at the screen and it says HDMI no signal same thing when we try with DVI and VGA (using the DVI to VGA adapter)"

I recently fixed my pals rig this way.He ran into the same issue, this is how I fixed it; not saying yours is something else.

ezduzit63

Reputable
Jan 24, 2015
Ok...so...
a. Check and make sure it is the proper BIOs for the CPU, if not update the BIOs, if so... reset your BIOs
b. Make sure the Video Card is backward compatible with PCI-Express 2.0 since it is a PCI-Express 3.0 Video Card
c. Check your Memory seating and compatibility
d. Walk your Hardware through disconnect until you are down to your CPU and Memory...

Go in that order and I hope you find your problem in one of these steps...

EZ