Intel core i7-3930k or i7-4770k or i7-3770k?

BM_IT

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
Hi guys I am new to this whole build a PC thing and would like some help of you.
I want to build a gaming PC that would run the most needing games with out problems and I do pay a lot of attention to the graphics so I need a powerful graphic card to run with the CPU and I need the PC to hold on for some years, money isn't an issue with me but I don't want to waste it on something that I can find it somewhere else cheaper (Performance per dollar).

I look in the internet and I found these three CPU to be the most recommended , which one is the best? is there something else better? if you recommend something can you recommend a graphic card that would suit the CPU?

thank you in advance.

Nitro192

Distinguished
The i7 4770k would be the recommended buy, It's a haswell so it will be great for gaming and basic performance. The others wouldn't perform much different but the 4770k will be slightly ahead of both.

As far as graphics cards you can either spend 290-300 and get something very worth the money like the GTX 760 or go up to the 390 mark and get something with slightly more performance like the GTX 670 or GTX 770. Both of which are more $ but also will be future proof. AMD just released their new line including the A9 which would be worth checking out as well.

Nitro192

Distinguished

Personally i'd go with the 770. The 780 isn't a large difference. If you overclock the 770 it will actually perform the same as the 780. You'd be very pleased with either though but id save the $ and get the 770. They're basically the same chip.

Also they're some of the latest gen GPU's so the rendering is absolutely beautiful. I own the 760 myself and it's incredible.

If you're in that price bracket, right now the Radeon HD 7970 can be had for $300. The 7970 easily beats the GTX 760 and trades blows with the GTX 770 which costs about $100 more:
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=67547&vpn=GV-R797OC-3GD&manufacture=Gigabyte&promoid=1306
This is the beast that I have. It's one of the VERY few Radeon cards that ever received a Gold Award from hardocp.com. Here's the review of it:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/02/08/gigabyte_radeon_hd_7970_oc_video_card_review#.UljVrxCKp2M