Are integrated graphics good enough for me?

Nroy

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013
When choosing pieces to build my PC I saw I had the option to get integrated graphics with my CPU. I am on a budget as to what I can spend on my computer so not having to purchase a video card could save me around 100$ and that would be great. I am building this for gaming, I play League of Legends, Team Fortress 2, Minecraft and Terraria and I often Skype at the same time.
Will the i5-3570k be enough or will I be lacking FPS even on med/low graphics? If so can anyone recommend a good GPU that would not cost too much.

Thanks

For gaming, you probably are better off getting an AMD FX 6300 instead of the 3570k and using the $100 saved on a graphics card like a Radeon HD 7770. The HD 4000 IGP isn't very good, while the games you listed would run on the HD 4000, performance would not be all that great, you'd be looking at low to medium settings at a low resolution with the Intel Integrated graphics on most of your games.

Nroy

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013

So I should be able to run on relatively high graphics with the parts you mentionned? (I am aiming to get 8 GB of ram). Do I really need the 6 cores of the FX 6300?

You don't TECHNICALLY need the 6 cores of the FX-6300 but in a year or so, you'll be glad for them. The difference in price between the 4-core and 6-core is small so the 6-core is justified. As for the video card, NCIX has a sale on the HD 7790 which makes it cheaper than the HD 7770. It's $110 (-$20 mail-in rebate):
http://ncix.com/products/?sku=83729&promoid=1306
Get that and you'll be good to go for quite some time. You'll be really glad you did.