Thinking about upgrading

Num43

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013
I currently have an i5 2500k running at 4.8ghz and I'm thinking of getting a i5 4670k but after seeing some benchmarks I'm not sure if I'll get serious performance improvements.

One of the reasons for wanting to upgrade is the fact I wish to get one of the new r8 280x from AMD(I currently have an HD6950 that is unlocked to 6970) which works best with a PCI-E 3 slot which in turn means a newer motherboard.

All input is welcomed(about which MB I should get if I do upgrade and if I should consider a different GPU as well)

I went from a 2600K to 4770k and there was enough of a performance kick to justify the expense and that was before OCing. Granted both are i7's, but I would think, it would pretty much be the same with the i5. Believe me, I had read some stuff that had me second guessing my decision, but once I had made the change and started checking the numbers ( not to mention that it was a very visible kick as it was ), I was pleasantly surprised at what I got and very happy. I ran 3D Mark Vantage and & 3D mark 11.

Num43

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013
My main issue is CPU heavy games like bf3/4 are just cutting it for me...that is untill too much happens at once and it gets me killed due to CPU caused fps drop...I guess ill continue going over the numbers and see what I come out with.