Sign in with
Your question
Closed

GTA V May Come to PC Early 2014

Last response: in News comments
October 12, 2013 6:36:21 AM

I sure hope they really do decide to launch on PC. Would love to play the game in higher resolution at 120fps.
October 12, 2013 6:57:25 AM

I'm holding my doubts about this port. They should release it in conjunction with the next generation
Related resources
October 12, 2013 7:04:35 AM

Hopefully they take the time to make a good port that isn't as glitchy as GTA4 was
October 12, 2013 7:09:04 AM

I'd be willing to wait for mid 2014 for a glitch free port..
October 12, 2013 7:27:03 AM

Rockstar aren't getting my money. If they treat any gaming community as second rate customer, I would want to teach them a lesson. They don't deserve my money. After all, you wouldn't shine the shoes of someone who spits on your face now would you?
October 12, 2013 7:54:41 AM

With the right timeline for releases, some people will end up buying 3 copies of the same game. That just makes good business sense.

They can't have a PC version in high-res muddy the sales of the current gen. They can't have a moddable PC version muddy the sales of the next gen consoles.

The GTA series is their legacy, and what they'll be known for for all time. I think they are moving very cautiously after GTA4. Yeah, it seems like there's some online issues, but they are addressing them. By the time a GTA 5 is ready for release on PC, it should have plenty of polish.

We have to see how GTA 5 utilizes the power of the next gen to get a good sense for what a PC version will be like. I'm going to assume they'll recommend 8 thread / 8 core processors on PC to get closer to a 1:1 comparison from next gen consoles. I mean, they can't spend 8 months optimizing it can they? Oh wait ;) 
October 12, 2013 8:03:35 AM

I'm not buying this..

Why should I get GTA V for my pc (I don't own any consoles and I never will), if I've seen all of it already on youtube?

Unless the PC version has TONS (6 months worth of it) of additional content , they don't deserve my money, I'll get it somewhere else.
October 12, 2013 8:09:26 AM

It's really simple. Rockstar is definitely making a PC version.
The reason they are starting with the console releases is so desperate PC gamers who don't want to wait will get it on PC, instead of pirating it. Yes, the reason it won't be on PC for another 6 months or so is because of piracy. They won't talk about it because they know that they are making a PC version and they don't want to share that business strategy.
October 12, 2013 8:18:19 AM

I'm not buying this..

Why should I get GTA V for my pc (I don't own any consoles and I never will), if I've seen all of it already on youtube?

Unless the PC version has TONS (6 months worth of it) of additional content , they don't deserve my money, I'll get it somewhere else.
October 12, 2013 8:19:26 AM

"Why should I get GTA V for my pc (I don't own any consoles and I never will), if I've seen all of it already on youtube?"

Who made you watch those videos? I've stayed away from them. Well, I watched in the initial heist. I had enough sense to stop after that.
October 12, 2013 8:25:47 AM

most families these days have both pc and console. It's not like it's impossible to pirate the xbox or ps (for singleplayer modes) it's clever marketing on rockstars part to delay the pc version. If i would run a company, i would do it the same way. The gross of the money is made, now everything they get from a pc version is gravy.
October 12, 2013 8:36:30 AM

I'm not too enthusiastic simply because the game will be locked from modding. They'll make up some bs about cheaters, multiplayer, stability and all the extra coding required. It's engine seems similar to the one in Max Payne 3 - which people can't do anything with!
a b 4 Gaming
October 12, 2013 9:35:18 AM

And it will look way better than the consoles as already seen with San Andreas.

GTA San Andreas looked just okay for the time on PS2, but when it came to PC, it looked awesome for the time, so I am really excited for this.
October 12, 2013 9:37:24 AM

@ alfaalex101

Max Payne 3 is a third-person shooter video game developed by Rockstar Studios and published by Rockstar Games. Development was led by Rockstar Vancouver in collaboration with the New England, London and Toronto studios.

Grand Theft Auto 5 - Grand Theft Auto V is an open world action-adventure video game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games.

I just wouldn't draw any conclusions about GTA5 based on MP3. You could end up being right at the end, but its just a guess at best.
October 12, 2013 9:53:17 AM

Well if they do release this to PC I know my family and my sister in laws family will buy 3 copys each so thats 6 copys sold.
October 12, 2013 10:42:33 AM

Well sadly PC gamers will always be in the minority because not everyone can afford $1500+ for a descent gaming PC. So a 8 yr old console is alot easier to buy and get a game for, so thats where the money is at. Looking forward to BF4 in a couple of weeks for PC will keep me busy for the next 18 months or so anyway, If GTA 5 comes it comes I will get it but not counting on it till I see it on Steam or Origin for download.
October 12, 2013 11:24:06 AM

I can wait. It better be polished when it's released for the PC.
October 12, 2013 12:06:41 PM

Rockstar are a dirty company. I love them, but I think we all know what their doing. They wan't PC gamers to buy it on console and then buy it on PC so that rockstar gets double the income. Naughty, but genius. When you have such a good product, it's almost stupid NOT to use it to your advantage. I applaud you and despise you at the same time, Rockstar.
October 12, 2013 12:13:47 PM

LETS RAGE!!! GOOD KINA EXCITED RAGE
a b 4 Gaming
October 12, 2013 1:56:13 PM

I really hope they do a much better job at optimizing it for pc than the last one, otherwise i wont be getting it. To this day with a high end system GTAIV can't be played on a high end modern system with all details up at a constant 60fps.
a b 4 Gaming
October 12, 2013 2:51:01 PM

I will gladly wait as long as a year from the release date of the console versions as long as it is a much better port than GTA 4 was.
October 12, 2013 3:40:20 PM

Will it be coded poorly as well like GTA 4 PC? =(
October 12, 2013 4:11:22 PM

"""" "Why should I get GTA V for my pc (I don't own any consoles and I never will), if I've seen all of it already on youtube?"

Who made you watch those videos? I've stayed away from them. Well, I watched in the initial heist. I had enough sense to stop after that.""""

That was just a way to express my feelings.
I haven't seen much about the game on youtube DELIBERATELY,
but it's very difficult and you have to be blind/deaf while browsing the web, talking to persons who have a console to NOT let them spoil it for you beforehand...

The game won't be "new" in six months or whenever Rockstar feels like releasing it and playing it won't feel such an "adventure" as it should..
October 12, 2013 5:40:39 PM

Translation: Wait til GTA V for PC is released in early 2014 (if it is at all) to build a new gaming PC because it probably won't be very well optimized and require ridiculous specs for crap graphics.
October 12, 2013 7:03:17 PM

Seems to me that pirating can't really be an issue as they made close to a billion in sales already, at this point they could give it away and make money from online play.
I know that would never happen, but once they smooth out the kinks in this release, they have no excuse for a poor PC version release.

I do wish user mods would be a part of todays games, it added so much to the DOOM series.
Still it looks like there will be a lot to explore in the world they have created, for those that are into the emersion experience more than a race to the finish.
October 12, 2013 8:49:50 PM

Yeah, just a blatant marketing strategy. They had plans for GTA V to be released on PC the entire time. That being said, however, I will still buy it. From what I saw on Youtube, the graphics are magnificent, and the game-play quite good.
October 13, 2013 8:19:00 AM

I've held out on every GTA until it has been released for PC (for those that came out AFTER the console releases). I have no intentions to play it on console... Nothing against consoles, but I just can't do it with a game pad/controller. If they don't release it for PC, then so be it. I'm not going to go out to buy it for PS3 just because they won't release it for the PC.
October 14, 2013 12:37:19 AM

I think they're just trying to sell the game to as many people as possible, including both current and upcoming Sony and M$ consoles, before they release it on PC and everyone just pirates it.

...which they are perfectly entitled to do, and why not. It makes them money, which virtually guarantees GTA VI in a few years. And that's not a bad thing.
October 14, 2013 1:29:05 AM

I hate Rockstar games!!!! Every game is 10000000 times better on pc or mac than on a xbox and playstation!!!!!! On a computer its easy to play games.Your aiming is much better and more easy. Plus, more people have computers than consoles!!!! Consoles cost more money than consoles!!! Some people don't have TV's so even if they get a xbox or playstation they need to get a good TV!!!! Now I'm F**KING BORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant buy a ps or a xbox I don't have that money!!! If i get it i don't have money for that f**king game!!!!!!!!!!!!!
October 14, 2013 4:00:45 AM

I think there are two stages of development for these companies now. The first stage is for legacy consoles like the PS3 and 360, each with their own individual architectures. The second stage of development is for next gen consoles and PCs both of which are based on the X86 architecture and so share a common code base. In this case the next gen consoles have not been launched yet so they focused on stage one to make as much money as they can, possibly to compliment fund development on stage two. So I would imagine the second stage product, in this case GTAV, should really shine to show off the abilities of the next gen consoles and in turn PCs
October 14, 2013 1:10:54 PM

plz help plz give me wifi hacking software
October 14, 2013 3:27:48 PM

$1500 and "decent pc" should NEVER be in the same sentence together. what a tard dude, if you have $1500 and only manage to build a DECENT rig. you're doing it WAY f'n wrong. stick to a console as you know nothing of the pc world. and i totally agree with toasty!
October 15, 2013 4:19:22 AM

But Ps3 Is Great Than Pc
October 15, 2013 4:20:30 AM

demonsparkx u have facebook id?
October 15, 2013 9:23:39 AM

@otacon

What PC gaming has been declinining? That's false. Many articles have shown that PC Gaming has been growing past few years as well as PC Hardware increasing in revenue. Please, research before you state ridiculously false information.
October 15, 2013 9:24:26 AM

@otacon

What PC gaming has been declinining? That's false. Many articles have shown that PC Gaming has been growing past few years as well as PC Hardware increasing in revenue. Please, research before you state ridiculously false information.
October 23, 2013 5:26:31 PM

pakistanking said:
demonsparkx u have facebook id?

sure do facebook.com/likedemonsparkx as well as youtube under same name, demonsparkx.
!