Can I run Skyrim with my laptop?

crookedmouth

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
The laptop either has a Quadro NVS 135M or x3100. Apparently if you have the x3100, some people on youtube have it running but to me, it doesn't seem worth it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s6u0unRtm8

I guess the Quadro is more expensive but I doubt that it will do any better. It seems more for CAD and things like that. X3100 is really meant for playback and what not, not gaming. As I recall, the x3100 couldn't run Oblivion well enough.

Perhaps you could "run" it but perhaps you should ask more, should you?
I would wait until you could play it properly.

I really would not bother at all. Whether you have the GMA X1300 or nVidia NVS 135M they are both extremely weak to the point where it is not worth spending money on the game.

I decided to play the game on my Lenovo Y470 with the nVidia GT 550m disabled, thus relying on the Intel HD 3000 graphics core... just for the hell of it. The Intel HD 3000 is definitely not a high performance graphics core but it certainly is more powerful than the other two graphic cores mentioned. With most graphic settings set to the lowest possible (with a few exceptions) and setting the resolution to 1280x720 it is definitely playable as long as you have low expectations for the Intel HD 3000. Some of the things I've done to make it "playable" with 25 FPS - 40 FPS outdoors (most of the time) are:

- Disable all shadows
- Disable grass
- Install low resolution texture mods.
- Disable HDR effect.
- No Anti-Aliasing

There were some other things, but I can't remember.

My recommendation... play Morrowind instead.