Laptop Internal Hard Drive Inaccessible

lmuller

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013
Hello all,

I've been using a new HP Envy 14t-k000 for about a month now, running W8. The computer has gone into an "Automatic Repair"/blue screen loop. That is not the problem, though, I am already planning to reinstall Windows.
I am trying to save my files, however, using a bootable USB with Windows PE 4.0 and Macrium Reflect. The problem is, I can't seem to access the laptop's internal hard drive. Initially, when the computer started falling to boot, I could see and access the main drive via the command prompt of a recovery drive I was using. I ran the bootrec.exe commands. Now, Macrium does not see it, more does it appear with Diskpart's list disk command. The only hard drive visible is Boot (X:). If I select "Boot from EFI file" I see the USB stick and "No Volume Label" as another drive. Presumably, that drive is the one I need to access. How do I make it accessible again?

Boot a live linux distribution from a USB stick .
http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-ubuntu
You will need to change your BIOS so USB is first in the boot order. Check that this is possible first because some BIOSes may not have this option

And obviously you need a working computer to create the USB drive

Once you have ubuntu up and running if you data is accessible it will be possible to copy and paste it to an empty USB stick , or USB hard drive

lmuller

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013

I already have a USB drive I am using. The problem is that the data is not accessible. I need to know how to restore access the laptop's internal drive.

What I suggested will give you access to the data on the drive IF the drive can be read