iPhone 5S Users Reporting "Blue Screen of Death" Error

Last response: in News comments
October 13, 2013 3:27:06 AM

You just use it in a wrong way..
October 13, 2013 3:55:00 AM

You are holding it wrong....
Related resources
October 13, 2013 3:59:14 AM

You are looking at this the wrong way ... it's not an error it's a new feature: Blue Screen of Death Screen Saver ;) 
October 13, 2013 4:10:27 AM

LOL!!
October 13, 2013 4:14:13 AM

Quote:
You are looking at this the wrong way ... it's not an error it's a new feature: Blue Screen of Death Screen Saver ;) 

With the iPhone 5C, your BSOD matches the colour of your phone!

For the colourful.

:3
October 13, 2013 4:22:02 AM

Oh boohoo, us Windows users have dealt with this for years... A BSOD never hurt me :p 
October 13, 2013 4:42:45 AM

sounds like apple's about to introduce some new product
October 13, 2013 4:44:00 AM

Funny. I haven't had a BSOD on my Win7 machines in ages, I think the problem is contagious, LOL. It went from Windows to iOS.
What makes this even funnier is that it was Apple who used to make fun of BSODs in their 'commercials'. Who's laughing now?
Oh, the irony...Priceless.
October 13, 2013 4:51:12 AM

One word, "IRONY".
October 13, 2013 4:53:04 AM

Irony is the new black
October 13, 2013 5:08:10 AM

They decided they wanted to borrow more than just the design language from Windows Vista I guess.
October 13, 2013 5:29:24 AM

show me one phone that's perfect
October 13, 2013 5:31:19 AM

at least iphone owner don't wait 10 years for a software update....also they have less crapware on their phones unlike Android and Windows smartphones
October 13, 2013 5:35:25 AM

"working as intended"
October 13, 2013 5:55:51 AM

Its just a glitch! Dont worry, our iPhone has a newly implemented feature to fix all BSoDs. It will take use a month to fix this and cost only 89.99 for the new feature to be turned on.

-Apple
October 13, 2013 6:10:12 AM

While it is true that the average bsod is a minor annoyance at worst it still is enough to get the average apple user to run around screaming.
October 13, 2013 6:15:37 AM

qlum said:
While it is true that the average bsod is a minor annoyance at worst it still is enough to get the average apple user to run around screaming.

You can pay NOW to get early access to the extraordinary, ground breaking, revolutionary iOS 7 update! Hurry, limited sales!

-Apple
October 13, 2013 6:47:42 AM

You guys need to quit trash talking Iphone's. You all just didn't know you needed a BSOD till apple told you, you did. That time has come, everyone embrace the BSOD!
October 13, 2013 6:57:17 AM

Uh oh, I think I heard a toilet flush, maybe it's Tim Cook's career
October 13, 2013 7:13:28 AM

nebun said:
at least iphone owner don't wait 10 years for a software update....also they have less crapware on their phones unlike Android and Windows smartphones

Gooooood Gooooooood. Let the butthurt flow through you!
October 13, 2013 7:20:07 AM

x2ruff4u said:
One word, "IRONY".

More like karma!
October 13, 2013 7:23:56 AM

Is it at least a colorful blue? Maybe Apple can patent that?
October 13, 2013 7:27:01 AM

Hey ...anybody else see 'Z', 'Y', and 'D' buttons on thier screen? I have no idea what they mean. They use to have meaning to me. All I want to do is vote up, down, or quote another user.
October 13, 2013 7:31:31 AM

Apple comes out with updates and iPhones get ZERO day updates with fixes.
Android, oh, you know wait 6-12 months if you're lucky your phone isn't older than 8 months. Oh the wait is because your manufacturer doesn't want to do an update, then your carrier needs to take their sweet time. Plus each will add its bloatware.

Rebuttal : But wait, I can go learn, spend hours of research and time, void my warranty and do it myself, yes this is a really viable option, considering only 1% of Android users actually do this...

It's no where near as bad as the Windows phones that randomly restarted and had other problems. Apple's software releases on mobile since 2007 have been stellar with very few minor problems.

my old iPhone 4 still gets security and bug fixes well over 3 years of purchase straight from Apple on zero days. Plus the update is a major OS version. Tell me which Android phone has this level of support from their manufacturer after 3 years? Just gave it to my Mom and she loves it, she's coming from a Samsung phone..
October 13, 2013 8:14:57 AM

wemakeourfuture said:
Apple comes out with updates and iPhones get ZERO day updates with fixes.
Android, oh, you know wait 6-12 months if you're lucky your phone isn't older than 8 months. Oh the wait is because your manufacturer doesn't want to do an update, then your carrier needs to take their sweet time. Plus each will add its bloatware.

Rebuttal : But wait, I can go learn, spend hours of research and time, void my warranty and do it myself, yes this is a really viable option, considering only 1% of Android users actually do this...

It's no where near as bad as the Windows phones that randomly restarted and had other problems. Apple's software releases on mobile since 2007 have been stellar with very few minor problems.

my old iPhone 4 still gets security and bug fixes well over 3 years of purchase straight from Apple on zero days. Plus the update is a major OS version. Tell me which Android phone has this level of support from their manufacturer after 3 years? Just gave it to my Mom and she loves it, she's coming from a Samsung phone..

We are very impressed by your intellectual view of our iPhone. You should try out our newest series of iPhones! In order to make the new series we begged Samsung for their" new" A7 series of chips, but we still are happy to know that people like you in this world still support us.

Cheers,

-Apple
October 13, 2013 8:23:12 AM

But but they claimed - It just works.....
October 13, 2013 8:31:12 AM

rantoc said:
But but they claimed - It just works.....

It does work. A claim is an unfeasible opinion.

Please stop hurting our reputation,
-Apple
October 13, 2013 9:11:10 AM

you guys have it all wrong. this is clearly an android fanboy making up rumors about apple. apple would never let a product go out the door half finished... except for maps... siri... ios6... ios7... er wait...
October 13, 2013 9:21:49 AM

nebun said:
show me one phone that's perfect

Apple phones. They are perfection. Everything is perfected with Apple products with years of research, engineering, and testing. It's the best company in the world for that very reason. Apple do not just launch products that are crap. They make it perfect. So, here it is, the perfect phone. The iPhone.

October 13, 2013 9:23:59 AM

nebun said:

That's not the issue. The issue is that Apple markets their products as perfection. And as this news demonstrated, what we have here is just that. You are just holding it wrong.
October 13, 2013 9:40:42 AM

Quote:
meowmix44
We are very impressed by your intellectual view of our iPhone. You should try out our newest series of iPhones! In order to make the new series we begged Samsung for their" new" A7 series of chips, but we still are happy to know that people like you in this world still support us.

Cheers,

-Apple

Begged? LOL Samsung Chip Fabrication will whore itself out to Apple because even Samsung mobile doesn't put the same order amounts as Apple.

Samsung is being sued by Apple, having bans on phones, and yet will bend over to make whatever Apple asks, displays, chips, etc. They still will manufacturer whatever Apple asks because Apple is still a top customer for them, even though Apple has other clients. They're demand is so high, they'll give Samsung the tiny margins on the fab parts and sell the finished product much to the jealousy of Samsung itself.

"Lets continue to copy Apple. We'll make Samsung stores exact copies as Apple stores and put them in malls. Lets wait and see what Apple will do next so we can follow them.

- Samsung
October 13, 2013 10:19:49 AM

This shit is also happened to Windows. Should we shit to Bill Gates and Ballmer too?
October 13, 2013 10:25:03 AM

sean1357 said:
This shit is also happened to Windows. Should we shit to Bill Gates and Ballmer too?

... are you pretending like that hasn't been what has happened since, oh, the early 90's?
October 13, 2013 11:10:12 AM

lol, im sure apple will say they are using it wrong.

You aren't suppose to try to run apps, you're suppose to leave it in your pocket where the blue screen will no longer annoy you! Out of sight, out of mind.....right!?
October 13, 2013 11:46:56 AM

BSOD. I thought the main appeal of the Iphone was the hardware and software integration. IOS is specifically made for the iphone, so it should work perfectly fine for each device. I'd be pissed if this happened to me.
October 13, 2013 1:44:11 PM

every friend of mine who did the IOS7 update says its crap no news here
October 13, 2013 1:46:17 PM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
It's a new Wallpaper!

You know whats even better? We already patented our new revolutionary re-occurring BSoD screen.

love,
-Apple
October 13, 2013 1:47:55 PM

wemakeourfuture said:
Quote:
meowmix44

Cheers,

-Apple

Begged? LOL Samsung Chip Fabrication will whore itself out to Apple because even Samsung mobile doesn't put the same order amounts as Apple.

Samsung is being sued by Apple, having bans on phones, and yet will bend over to make whatever Apple asks, displays, chips, etc. They still will manufacturer whatever Apple asks because Apple is still a top customer for them, even though Apple has other clients. They're demand is so high, they'll give Samsung the tiny margins on the fab parts and sell the finished product much to the jealousy of Samsung itself.

"Lets continue to copy Apple. We'll make Samsung stores exact copies as Apple stores and put them in malls. Lets wait and see what Apple will do next so we can follow them.

- Samsung

*reads then lols very loudly*
*Goes back to work*
October 13, 2013 2:28:09 PM

i0S 7 is going to go down as a major blunder. Gyroscope problems on the 5s, BSOD, security problems, fingerprint scanner easily hacked, people getting sick. You name it, it's there.

Lord Steve is rolling over in his grave right now. If he were still around, heads would roll. Don't ever want to hear an iSheep call Android phones "buggy" again.

As for the moron who said Samsung "whores itself out to Apple," Why wouldn't you want to make money on every phone your competitor sells? Its either them or Apple finds someone else to do it. Sounds like good business to me.

I laugh at people when they tell me Apple quality is better than Samsung then I tell them Samsung makes the key parts of the iPhone and their eyes get big.
October 13, 2013 3:43:21 PM

Oh, sweet irony.
October 13, 2013 3:53:23 PM

No body perfect. Space shuttle exploded in mid air, malfunction of a F1 car, a vacation gone crazy, parachute won't open etc. Mankind will always pursue perfectness but shit happens and mankind will learn by their mistakes.
October 13, 2013 5:25:13 PM

Here is a free rubber band, that should fix your BSOD
October 14, 2013 1:57:05 AM

MS should sue apple, BSOD is for windows
October 14, 2013 3:04:01 AM

so glad i switched to android. real apple fan here.
October 14, 2013 4:34:27 AM

I don't have a BSOD on my blackberry Z10
!