Intel HD graphics 4000 parameters

Nfrank

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013
I have just bought a notebook with intel core i3 3227u and intel hd graphics 4000. I have read that this kind of cpu makes the gpu normally work at 350mhz, how can I bring it to higher frequency for gaming? Does the gpu increase speed automatically or I must set some parameters?
Thank you

swilczak

Distinguished
If you were dealing with a high end desktop/laptop graphics card you could use the control center to increase the core clock. I don't believe you can do this with the HD 4000, because it's an integrated GPU and it shares the system Ram. You will be able to play some older games with it how it is, but it's just not that great for gaming and there's nothing you can really do about it.

intelhdgaming

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
Newer CPU are more advanced than older ones, especially processors made for notebooks. Usually, when you are on battery mode, CPU will automatically lower it's speed, in order to save battery life. But, when you plug it in, or when you play a game, CPU will get a boost in order to run the aplications faster.

You asked about intel hd 4000 and it's frequency, well according to intel (http://ark.intel.com/products/72057/Intel-Core-i3-3227U...) , the GPU can max out at 1.1 GHz. It will normally work at 350 MHz, which is enough to run Windows 7 for example.

If you want to check out how games perform on this card, check out my channel

TRENDING THREADS