Running my tv with my cpu graphics and my other 2 monitors with my graphics card

Jon Simes

Honorable
Jun 29, 2013
Good evening,

I have just moved my room around so that i would be able to get in range of having both my monitors and my TV plugged into my PC.

I have got my main monitor plugged into my graphics card via HDMI, i have my secondary monitor plugged into my graphics card via DVI.

Now i have had to play my tv into my motherboards HDMI slot because their is not another on my graphics card and i do not have another DVI cable.

So my problem is that i cannot get the display on my TV to work, it just says no signal, now im pretty sure this is because my PC thinks that my graphics card is being used as the only display therefore the CPU graphics is not wanting to work, is there anyway to overcome this ?

i apologies, this may sound a bit confusing, ask me for anymore details if i have not been clear.

Thanks, Jon.

Tormentor98

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
Sorry for the short answer. Try switching your configurations around a bit.
Try having your TV run off the graphics card and have a monitor off it too. Then plug your other monitor into the onboard graphics and see how that goes.

Tormentor98

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
Yeah, the best bet is to get a really cheap graphics card.
Spend like £30 on one and call it day.

If there's anything else I can help with let me know.