Currently running one GTX 550 Ti. SLI or upgrade?

Add a GTX 550 Ti in SLI or upgrade video card a later date?

• Add a GTX 550Ti now in SLI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buy a single similarily priced superior video card (please commnet card and price)

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Continue using a single 550 Ti and upgrade your card when you return from deployment.

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

macjr82

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
The GTX 550Ti has been fine in the games I've played, though the newest I've played but it's a couple of years old and will likely really start showing it's age soon. Medium settings are fine for me. I'm not looking for graphics any greater than current consoles and fluidity of gameplay is much more important to me than high res. Will I get a lot of benefit by adding a card? IS there a better single card to upgrade to around the price of an additional 550 Ti that will offer better performance than the SLI setup? (650 Ti?) Are should I just wait to upgrade to a better single card. I'm not going to upgrade to a more expensive better card now because I'm deploying in February so an even better card, or current cards at a a cheaper price, will be available by the time I return about this time next year.

macjr82

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
Some have voted to upgrade to a similarly priced single card now. Any suggestions. In my search it seems the average price for 1GB 550 Ti is $130, and can be had for as low as $100 used. I'm thinking $200or less if I go for a stop gap. Are there any in that price range that is better than a 550Ti in SLI? I see no one has suggested I go with a SLI setup. Why is that? Not a big upgrade with the 550Ti?

Don't...

Bump posts

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first

The steambox is just a custom PC running a linux based SteamOS, the steam controller won't be displaying the graphics lol. The lower end steam boxes would be below the level of the next gen consoles, the higher end models compare with middle-higher end PCs.