Water cooling loop newbie question.

ComputerCurious

Honorable
May 12, 2013
I was figuring out how to set up my loop when my components come in. I am going to be running three gpus. I thought i would do res>pump>rad1>gpu1,2,3>cpu>rad2>res. Then I thought wait, if i am doing the gpus first then the cpu wont I be putting warm water into the cpu block?

I’ve never built a liquid cooling system but I plan to do so within a year so I’ve been doing a little reading on it.
With your components you probably need to do a "Mixed Serial + Parallel" Setup.
Here’s a link with some info: http://www.swiftech.com/ApogeeHD.aspx

You should ask this question in the "Overclocking>Cooling" section of the Forum for verification of the best setup for you.

Lutfij

Titan
Hello ComputerCurious,

Welcome to the world of watercooling. This bit of info should help your inquiry.

I'd like to stress that you should go over the watercooling sticky just as a checklist while you're assembling your loop. Usually the smallest things can put off a beautiful build and leave a sour taste that may linger for more than a few years. Its a good thing you've narrowed down your parts to shop for but assembling it isn't rocket science, it might look that way when you don't know what went wrong.

Hope this helps
:)