Driver for Delta Audiophile 2496

chintugadu

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
Installation error

Hi all,

I tried to install my new M-audio Audiophile 2496 card on my intel motherboard running XP, on installing the driver software I got an error message:

"The software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP, Continuing your installation of this software may impair or destabilize the correct operation of your system either immediately or in the future. Microsoft strongly recommends that you stop this installation and contact the software vendor for software that has passed Windows Logo testing" [continue Anyway] [STOP Installation]

I continued anyway to see if it would work but on restart there was no trace of the software installation and the control panel said I have no audio devices installed.

If anyone has any advice/information on why this might have happend and any possible fixes or links they think would be helpful I would really appreciate it.

Thank you very much.

The Windows warning about the unsigned driver is very common, there are far too many drivers floating about for Microsoft to test them all.

It's a criteria than Microsoft introduced in an effort to reduce instability of the OS due to untested drivers. Good concept, poor execution.
There are shed loads of reliable drivers that remain untested by Microsoft. If we didn't choose "Install Anyway", we'd be unable to use our computers! Many XP drivers will never undergo Microsoft testing anyway now they no longer support XP.

On Windows XP the card requires minimum Service Pack 2 - does your Windows meet that requirement?
If yes, then maybe the driver from the manufacturer's website will work if you haven't already tried that:
http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support&tab=driver&serie_ID=1&PID=adf95efc30b88aba043fa8b83343bfb8&OS=x72#tabs