Reasonably priced pc parts (have a list, need advice)

G

Hello guys, it's my first try to assemble a PC. I read a lot of forum posts before posting this. I need your approval on my final build or ideas to make it better.Here's the list i made:

• Partpicker url
    CPU: Intel Core i5-3350P 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($175.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($85.66 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($65.94 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Microcenter)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($189.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($44.99 @ Microcenter)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($18.49 @ Amazon)
    Monitor: Dell S2240M 60Hz 21.5" Monitor ($119.99 @ Microcenter)
    Total: $940.99

Do you have any ideas how to improve my build? or maybe lower the cost a bit (without loosing a lot of performance)?
Improving and changing with each comment.
I live in Lithuania so i don't have the option of catching a sale abroad.. the custom taxes are too high :) I have to make a build and then search for alternatives in my country stores :) btw if it makes any difference i'll be using the PC for graphic design, 3D modeling, and a occasional game :)

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
Well you can get new 120-128GB ssds on sale for $79-89 almost any day of the week so I would look around for a sale on that.

You can also get 8GB of ram much cheaper than $100. 2x4GB is better than 1x8GB officially, but the difference is negligible. Either way I think you can find 8GB of good RAM for $50-60 if you look around.

That's a solid mobo, but I'm sure you can find a similar one for a good bit cheaper too.

All in all I could probably shave about $100 off of that with a little bit of patience.

First thing you want to do is ensure the CPU and the motherboard have the same socket. You have an AMD socket AM3+ motherboard and an Intel socket 1155 CPU, two completely different designs with NO compatibility.
Try your configurations using this site which will prevent most issues like that http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

G

got to excited .. changed it. Thanks :)

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
Yes and you can get a Haswell(4th gen) I5 for the same price as that 3350p if you're interested in having the newest tech.

Also, you can get a HD 7950 for $190 that would be considerably better than a GTX 660.

G

Good insight, thank you:) 7950 looks a lot better, hope the firmware has improved :)

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
Not bad, but I would get a beefier power supply. 500w is pushing it a little too closely.

Also, have you tried to look at bare bone kits on tigerdirect or the DIY super combos on newegg? A lot of times you can get everything at once in those or everything but the graphics anyway.

And lastly, the hyper 212 is LARGE so make sure it will fit inside your case.