HTC One Max with Fingerprint Scanner is Finally Official

Status
Not open for further replies.

craciunator

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
I still dont understand why anyone would buy a phone with a fingerprint scanner, given all the privacy issues of today. Obviously its cool, and more secure in a way, but it creates a bigger problem than it solves.

spacev

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005
My 2011 Dual Core Android Moto Atrix had a finger print sensor and it was awesome! Why does everyone write that people are following Apple? The Moto Atrix probably wasnt the first phone with one either! Why would it be creating a ah heck privacy issue? It probably creates a one way hash of your fingerprint that does not give any clue about its properties.

NightLight

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2004
"My 2011 Dual Core Android Moto Atrix had a finger print sensor and it was awesome! Why does everyone write that people are following Apple? The Moto Atrix probably wasnt the first phone with one either! Why would it be creating a ah heck privacy issue? It probably creates a one way hash of your fingerprint that does not give any clue about its properties." Only apple people are writing this.

" Most importantly, HTC is following in Apple's footsteps with the addition of a fingerprint scanner for unlocking the device to your favorite application."

Because everyone knows that Apple invented that. Motorola Atrix never existed.

/s

jurassic512

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
This phone is sick, but a bit too big, and the non replaceable battery are deal breakers for me. If I were still shopping for a phone and I had the money, I'd pass on this. Although 6" of that LCD 3 display would be HEAVEN, the deal breakers above make me pass on this. The One has the best display out right now IMO. I don't even think the 5S can touch it. Saying that, I'm still happy I got a used Note II for $375cdn.

echozero

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
Phone with finger print scanner is kind pointless consider your finger prints are all over the body. Well.. I suppose it prevent normal cell phone thief.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
The Apple iPhone 5S is the very first phone to have a fingerprint scanner made by Apple. Apple makes the very best iPhones in the world of any iPhone manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS