Deranged_Trini

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
My system Components are :
1,000 Watts - Cooler Master Silent Pro 80 Plus Gold Power Supply

Graphics card - Amd raedon 7990 Powered by AMD

CPU - Amd fx 8350 4.0ghz

CPU cooler - Thermaltake frio ock edition

I dont mind purchasing extra fans. The 7990 Pushes heat out the back and sides. I just need to keep the systems temperature low Noise really is not an issue. I was thinking to put 2 120mm Exhaust on the top. 140 mm exhaust (included with case) in the rear. Two 120 Side intake fans and two 120 intake fans in the front. Maybe even another 120mm intake fan On the bottom of the case. I am really open to your suggestions but it would be nice if i could have some theory behind airflow as i this is my first build. Thank you very much :)

jbseven

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
Reviewing the case specs, I believe the best configuration would be
2x 120 front intake
1x 140 bottom intake
1x 120 side (bottom) intake
2x 140 top exhaust
1x 140 rear exhaust

You can try to make your own configuration if you want.

The idea is to have equal intake and exhaust or to have more exhaust than intake for a dust prevention setup. having more intake than exhaust will result in less efficient cooling and huge dust buildub in your case.

Also, the front, bottom and sides are used as intake and the top and rear used as exhaust to create an efficient chimney effect that circulates air from one corner of your case and out the other, cooling all the parts in the process.

The more volume of air is circulated, the better the cooling effect will be. This is why we try to maximise exhaust first and then think about balanced/slightly less intake. However if your parts dont particularly generate too much heat, a simple 2x 120 front, 1x 140 bottom and 2x 120 top, 1 x140 rear would also do.

Deranged_Trini

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
Thank you alot jbseven. For the help although if you dont mind clarifying something for me i would greatly appreciate it. In your opinion are the side fans important and would they affect airflow,.The 7990 is a dual gpu graphics card that exhausts alot of heat and would side fans improve temperature significantly? And should i mount 120 mm or 140mm fans?

jbseven

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
In my exp, in some situations, improving airflow in the gap between the two gfx cards and the underside of the bottom gfx card so that the air circularion includes these hot parts in the loop, improves temps slightly.

Its ideal to have just 1x120mm side fan at the bottom of the side panel for a balance between intake and exhaust, so id compare that setup with a 2x140 side fan setup, to see if the difference is worth it.

Cooler gfx cards will have longer lifespans but more intake than exhaust will require you to regularly clean the dust buildups in your case's interior.