Asus P9X79 LE Device Manager Bangs

NTIGeek

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
P9X79 LE board, Intel Gen 3 i7-4820k, Win 7 Pro 64.

This combo out of the box...does not post at ALL. Only solution is a USB BIOS flash which gets it into Windows but.... The newest BIOS as of today is v4407, that is the version installed still has issues.

I have 32 bang items in DM under Other Devices called "Base System Device" over and over again. On phone all day with Asus support pointing fingers and grasping at straws. Has to have something to do with this board and CPU combo and perhaps an issue with the newest v4407 BIOS.

I have not yet tried the previous version bios but will do that tomorrow. Any ideas anyone Asus support is just lost i am on my own to figure this one out.

NTIGeek

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
No just the driver disk that came with my board the other day. There are 32 items in device manager that is the part that has me thinking it is deeper. They all say teh same thing...well there are a couple other i will post ...but mostly BASE SYSTEM DEVICE....over and over again.

reloaded OS, MB disk they all come right back This is all after v4407 bios which i had to do to even get a POST and get into windows. I am wondering if an older BIOS would work better maybe v4407 has issues.???

NTIGeek

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
11.14.17--Per request by other members i am posting the new link to the page that has full details on this topic:

https://www.naplestech.com/kb40909.html

We revamped our website a while back and some of these older pages did not carry over.

===========

11.6.13> Update and FIX> Following up on my previous post regarding Asus P9X79 LE and any Ivy Bridge E series i7 CPU (4800/4900) problem.

After a couple of weeks of testing and several Asus support calls I was able to come up with a solution. Although much more difficult that is should be to "make" a new board work it can be done. I have been asked for me fix on this several times so i created a page on my site here for all to see. Hopefully it will save someone the frustration i went through.

In short, the Asus P9X79 LE is a great board for any Intel Sandy Bridge (3800/3900) series CPU out of the box. If you are looking to use this board with the new Ivy Bridge E, it will more than likely not post out of the box which is what I ran into read this first. The 2 part fix below takes care of that.

FIX: See this page here. Pardon the URL i moved my site to another server have not loaded this page to my new site yet.

A note on Asus support. When i first called in I had to jump through the normal level 1 support hoops and received the standard answers with no resolve. Once my case was escalated i was connected with an Asus engineer who was extremely helpful in helping me work through the issue until resolved. Kudos Sam.

NOTE: If you are willing to spend a few more bucks on a higher end board check out the Asus X79-Deluxe board it works with both CPU series mentioned above out of the gate in addition to some higher end features like on board BT and Wireless with external antenna. Two thumbs up on the Deluxe board so far with the i7-4820K CPU.

Any changes I find I will update the page above accordingly. Any questions let me know.

computergenie

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013

computergenie

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
I have the same setup coming this week ( processor/mobo) and I have read to update the bios first before installing the OS..but my question is: I DL the mobo manual and it says it supports Windows 7.. will the mobo support Windows 8.1? I wish I had read the manual first!

computergenie

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
Mr. Tradesman after I posted my reply I saw that 8.1 is supported.I noticed our mobo`s are almost alike ..I will have the P9x79 WS instead of your LE, but the processors are the same.After viewing the Qualified Device list, the parts I ordered are not on the list.

SSD 120G|KHX SH103S3/120G R
PSU CORSAIR | AX860 860W R
SSD 256G|SAMSUNG MZ-7PD256BW R
SSD 120G|KHX SH103S3/120G R

You seem very knowledgeable do you think these will work?