Water Spill FML

NinjaxDomo

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
Okay so 28hours ago I was playing some League and I happened to spill 1/5 cup of water on the middle keyboard/touchpad and it shutted download like it just went black in 5 seconds and then I attempted to clean out the water and everything. I tried to turn it on but no signs of power. I left it to dry andn i tried recently still no sign of pwoer. You think power supply fried or motherboard fried? Should I take it in to see if it can be repaired or wait a week

It is a laptop, and since it is, you can try the rice method, placing the laptop in rice and pray the water comes out without damage. But that is most likely not the case sadly. The motherboard most likely shorted, resulting in damage, which WOULD be under warrant if there wasnt water involved. And since just about every electronic device made has a water strip in it. They will know about the water damage and wont cover it. Unless you have some special warranty or are very good at BSing.

NinjaxDomo

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013

So I should take it in and get it checked out because I just tried to see if it works and it didn't. How much would it cost to fix?