Oops I messed up

DSC2013

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
Ok so I purchased a new computer and I somehow forgot that my monitor only has a VGA input. The monitor that I have is a Sharp LL-173c-b.

Is it worth my while to find a DVI (from my GTX 760) to VGA adapter? Or will I see any difference at all? I plan to do some gaming (Mass Effect 3, Crysis 3 or I might even get the new Battlefield). Or should I just wait to save up some $ toward a newer montior (I'm assuming 1080p would be best)?

Thank you.

Yes you can buy a VGA to DVI adapter for your monitor. And yes 1920 x 1080 resolution is better for gaming. So you can get a new monitor aswell.

VGA is analog and DVI is digital. But I don't see a huge difference between VGA and DVI when it comes to quality/performance ratio.

DSC2013

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
I forgot to include that my mobo comes with a VGA port and I have been using this. So will an adapter improve anything?

Most of the MB's provides VGA port if not DVI, HDMI, that goes without telling. If your monitor has a VGA port then connect it to your MB's VGA port, no adapter needed. And I really don't see a performance difference with VGA over DVI or HDMI. So I think you are pretty fine to go.