Help picking out gaming monitor!

ekul420

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
im super stumped on which of these two monitors i should buy..
Asus VG248QE vs. Benq RL2455HM (apparently the official MLG monitor?)

the only difference i can see between them is that the Asus is more expensive by $90, read that the picture or colors are a little better then the Benq monitor, and the main concern i noticed is that the Asus monitor is 144hz and the Benq is only 60hz.. both have 1ms response time though..

i have no idea if the 60hz refresh rate would bother me or not.. i still use a Samsung CRT monitor that i can force the hz to 120hz at certain resolutions.. main resolution i use on FPS games is 1280 x 1024 and that runs at 85hz which is tolerable to use, haha.. at 60hz i cant stand to play the game because i notice my quick movements with the mouse arent keeping up on the screen and it just doesnt feel right at all.. im used to 85 to 120hz so thats what im so weird about.. ill pay the extra $90 if my pickyness will notice the Benq monitor not responding as fast as even my old CRT monitor (Samsung SyncMaster 997MB). im looking to buy one of these monitors today for sure!

help is greatly appreciated!! thanks! :)

Solution
As someone who owns a BenQ XL2420TX, if you are already used to >60Hz gaming, go for the Asus. Especially since in seems you have trouble with 60Hz gaming even when on a CRT.

Just a heads up in case you didn't already know, some games have problems going over 60 fps (Bethesda games in particular). Some games' physics engines are linked to the frame rate to a degree (again Bethesda games) which leads to some interesting things, such as "exploding" items, gravity-defying items, and more.

722C

Honorable
May 29, 2012
As someone who owns a BenQ XL2420TX, if you are already used to >60Hz gaming, go for the Asus. Especially since in seems you have trouble with 60Hz gaming even when on a CRT.

Just a heads up in case you didn't already know, some games have problems going over 60 fps (Bethesda games in particular). Some games' physics engines are linked to the frame rate to a degree (again Bethesda games) which leads to some interesting things, such as "exploding" items, gravity-defying items, and more.

Solution

ekul420

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
thank you.. i was on a couple other forums asking people aswell.. everyone seems to favor the asus also.. but all forums seem not to really know anything about the benq model im talking about.. the official monitor of the MLG tournaments.. but ohh well, better specs.. dont wanna risk a let down.. thanks for the input! bought! :p

TRENDING THREADS