Installing W7 on RAID 0 with GPT

Okay, so I've been busy all day updating my BIOS, configuring RAID (shitty MSI drivers didn't work) just so I could do a fresh install of W7 (64-bit) on a set of 7200.14 Barracuda's. Diskpart does its job of converting the volume to GPT after loading the RAID drivers, says it succeeds, but I just can't create a partition that's bigger than 2.2 TB. Really frustrating. Does anyone know a solution? I read here and there something about configuring your HDD in BIOS but can't seem to find anything (MSI P67-GD55, v. 4.3).

Edit: Okay, I discovered a few problems (and the need to boot setup in uefi mode).

1. The MSI Click-bios doesn't have an option to disable the compatibility support module, as far as I can see. Does this matter? Read that Windows setup won't boot in uefi without it. There's also no secure boot option.

2. I can boot the setup disc in uefi through the bios save & exit screen, to no avail. Uefi strangely isn't a boot option for the disc drive in settings.

Is there any way to hack the setup or bios? Am I wrong altogether? This should be way easier, I have all the right parts yet the software refuses.
1 answer Last reply
More about installing raid gpt
  1. It seems the uefi boot option actually DOES work! Checked the setup log, and it said the boot environment was efi. Then attempted to create a big partition and it worked. Strange it didn't work before. Actually, the bios design is quite neat: not uefi on or off, but selecting uefi on a per-device basis.
Ask a new question

Read More

NAS / RAID Drivers Systems BIOS MSI-Microstar