Low FPS with good computer

xclankx

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
Alright so I have a pretty decent computer that I use to play counter strike GO. I max my fps ingame at 999 and it normally goes as high of 450-600 avg. for the past few weeks I've been getting 180-240 fps and I have no idea why. I've done a memory test using memtest86 and re applied new thermal paste to my gpu even though I haven't had any heating issues that I know of. Temp wise it's always been around 27-45celcius while ingame and sometimes streaming. I cleaned out all the dust and made sure all the cords are properly in place. All drivers are up to date. Ingame settings I run all on Low + Vsync OFF, and Nvidia settings are all on default except for Vsync being off.

Specs
Case:
COOLER MASTER HAF X Full Tower
Power Supply:
cooler master 850w gold
Win7 64bit
Motherboard:
ASUS sabertooth z77
CPU:
Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5ghz
Cooling:
Antec 620 Liquid Cooling
Memory:
Dominator Platinum ddr3 4x 4GB 1833
Hard Drive:
120Gb SSD/320Gb HD 10k RPM
Video Card:
EVGA Geforce GTX 680
Sound Card:
Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Surro
Monitor:
Samsung 2233rz 120hz

Any solution would be great. I was getting 500fps avg for months before it just randomly dropped to 200fps avg

jackson019

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
This could be any number of issues (Hardware failure, driver issue, game issue...etc). Have you tried a more graphically intensive game lately? I would compare your results with some benchmarks to make sure that your Video Cards are still performing correctly. Try something like Battlefield 3 or Crysis 3 or even one of the common benchmark programs to make sure that you're getting the performance your cards should have.