Looking to water cool 2 GTX 660 ti's and an i5

DrowningMoose

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
I have recently been overclocking tremendously and really enjoy it, and I need to have my graphics cards and my processor on the lowest temp possible. I currently have my i5 2500k OC'd to 4.5 Ghz and its cooled by a Corsair H80i. Should I keep my H80i and just cool my gtx 660 ti's together without the i5, or cool them altogether. Also please suggest some water cooling kits to me that would work with my setup. Thank you.

rishiswaz

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
Just the waterblocks for the 2 660 Ti's will be around 200 for good quality ones and when you are going with water cooling you do not want to go for the cheapest, you want to go with quality. For a system like yours I would suggest saving up around 400 dollars and then you would be able to get everything you need, probably a 240mm radiator, a good pump, well built reservoir, a CPU waterblock and a 2 GPU waterblocks, and all the fittings and tubing you need. I would suggest however that you get dead water and distilled water over pre-mixed coolants. If you still want to do it you should know that GTX 670 waterblocks will fit GTX 660 Ti's.

rishiswaz

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012

Frozencpu.com is a good place for most things water cooling and some case mods. Check out what they have there, but remember that you should not be going for the lowest priced parts to fit a budget. If you buy lower end components not only are you not going to get good performance, but also you have a higher chance of parts failing or leaking.

rishiswaz

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
As I said the waterblocks alone for the cards would come out to 200, that would leave 50 dollars for a reservoir, pump, radiator, tubing, distilled water+dead water additive, and fittings. You might be able to find slightly cheaper ones but the cost of fittings adds up fast, 3-5 dollars each for barb fittings, or if you want compression fittings 10-15 for each of those, you need 2 fittings on each of the components so with barb fittings you end up with around 30 dollars just in fittings at a minimum. So if you can save up to around a budget of 400-450 dollars, you should be good. If you just want to cool your CPU I think you can get away with 250 with a XSPC kit but you already have a H80i on there so it is ok for now.

DrowningMoose

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013

Got it! Thanks dude.

rishiswaz

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012

No problem, be sure to check back in once you get the budget if you are still confused but also check out ekwb.com and koolance.com for guides from manufactures about how and why, also check out if Arctic cooling has a solution for you. They are kind of like Corsair H Series water cooling as a closed loop but for video cards, http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/vga/569/accelero-hybrid.html"