Vga - Dvi Converter works?

Fen Wijaya

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
I Want to asking about VGA-DVI Converter

My Monitor Only Support VGA D-Sub

My VGA Card Support DVI

If i Connect My Monitor VGA Cable to Dvi Converter it is will display as a DVI / Digital ?

Solution
If your display only has a VGA dsub input, it can only receive an analog signal.
If you're using a common/cheap passive DVI to VGA adapter which requires a DVI-I or DVI-A port and will not fit on a DVI-D connector, then your output from the computer will be analog as well.

For less than the cost of a digital TMDS DVI signal to analog converter, you could get cheap monitor with DVI input. It's probably only worth it if you only have DVI-D or hdmi output and need to connect to some older expensive equipment such as a projector, video wall, frame grabber or image processor.

ksarex

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
Every graphic card i know has a DVI-I port(when d-sub is missing). That is a port that supports analog signal. So you should be fine if you connect the converter there (the DVI-I has a cross on one side).

zyky

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
If your display only has a VGA dsub input, it can only receive an analog signal.
If you're using a common/cheap passive DVI to VGA adapter which requires a DVI-I or DVI-A port and will not fit on a DVI-D connector, then your output from the computer will be analog as well.

For less than the cost of a digital TMDS DVI signal to analog converter, you could get cheap monitor with DVI input. It's probably only worth it if you only have DVI-D or hdmi output and need to connect to some older expensive equipment such as a projector, video wall, frame grabber or image processor.

Solution