Need opinion/advice on parts for new PC

JCmasta

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
Hello,

My old PC has very recently died and i've been in emergency mode all day when it comes to looking for a new computer. At first i considered going with a pre-built computer, but i decided it would probably be best that i build one myself.

I haven't actually purchased anything yet, but i have spent a lot of time on short notice on the basics of building a computer and researching parts. So after spending quite a bit of time looking through newegg(the site where i would most prefer to shop because of 2 free day shipping) here's what i've come up with(i'm currently unable to post links, sorry, but i'll try to be as descriptive as possible):

Rosewill Thor v2 case $129
Seagate barracuda 2 TB HDD $99
Gigabyte GeForce 760 2 gb $254
ASUS Black DVD-Rom drive $18
FSP Group AURUM GOLD 600W power supply $87
G.Skill ripjaws X 16GB ram $154
MSI 287-GD65 mobo $187
Intel core i7-3770 $289
Windows 8 64 bit(OEM) $99

Now all of this is around 1300 bucks(the most that i'll reasonably spend) and i'm wondering if those parts i listed will be sufficent or if i'm missing anything important. I will obviously be using the PC for gaming, as well as a bunch of other multimedia stuff(browsing, music, photoshop, etc). I already have a monitor from my previous computer(it's a 16:9 widescreen monitor, i also plan on using my HDTV) and a KB/M so i have no needs there for now. If you have any suggestions for new items, feel free but please nothing more expensive than the original item, thanks.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
if you want an i7 you want the 4770K or 4770 and then only need the i7 if you need Hyper threading, else go 4670K, for the mobo, I'd lose the MSI, too many QC issues, a better selection for a little less would be the Asus Gryphon, or for just a bit more the Asus Maximus VI Hero, 16GB might be a bit much but if you do much with video or photos it can come in handy, the RJs X is a good selection, the rest looks good, on the 760, might look at the Asus, better cooling with the CU pipe design