ATI Radeon Graphic Card Shuts Monitor Off After about 2 Minutes After Booting

ryan4021

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
Hello,

I have an ATI Radeon HD 5750 and when I boot up my computer, everything works fine , then after about 2 minutes the video card makes like a small sound then the monitor turns off. The sound it makes is so small it took me some time to actually figure out where it was coming from, I finally pin pointed it to the video card.

Can anybody help with this?

Solution
The video card is not shutting off the monitor. The video card is crashing, which causes the monitor to get no signal. Do you have onboard video? If you do, remove the card and try running the computer with the onboard card. If things work OK without the card, you need to replace it.

It may be the power supply also, to test that you'll need another video card though, or test your card in another system.
The video card is not shutting off the monitor. The video card is crashing, which causes the monitor to get no signal. Do you have onboard video? If you do, remove the card and try running the computer with the onboard card. If things work OK without the card, you need to replace it.

It may be the power supply also, to test that you'll need another video card though, or test your card in another system.

Solution

tushiwarashi_18

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

i had the same issue man... i tried putting the videocard into another pc with a good true rated PSU thermaltke 650 watts and dang it... still the same it randomly turns off the screen even on bios setup... i tried putting an artic silver and clean the heatsink out of this card and still the same... dont you think my card is dying since its been 3 years since i have this card? what if i flash it with an original firmware/bios? that's the only way i believe i can rev up this card or perhaps reheatting the GPU chip wouldnt hurt to try? anyway its a sapphire hd5750

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the strong will leave and the weak shall die