Core i5 3330 Bottleneck Gtx770?

HitechAshu

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
Hello People,
I am new here and this is my first post,so please forgive me if I didnt follow a rule or some codes.
So,as the title suggests,I want to know that will my Intel Core i5 3330 bottleneck the GTX770?
I was thinking of upgrading my GPU,and pretty much liked the Gtx770,but I want to be sure about that before buying.My present specs are-
Processor-Intel Core i5 3330
GPU-Nvidia Gt630 2gb DDR3(OC-15%)
RAM-8gb DDR3 1600Mhz
Motherboard-ASRock H71m-DGS

Also,if there is a bottleneck,is it a very big one or small?
Any answers are welcome.
Thanks.

HitechAshu

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013

I have tried a lot,but couldn't find the multiplier,can you please tell me how to find and change it?

8350rocks

Distinguished
Most likely not in the majority of games, but you may run into some circumstances where your CPU is holding the 770 back. Most notably the heavily CPU bound games.

The 3330 isn't as strong as something like the FX 8350 or 3570k

There might be a bottleneck depending on what applications or games you run. If there is, again how much depends on what is run.

Maybe tell us what games and heavy apps you run and what you intend to use in future.

Might as well get a 3570k. It will work with your current setup.

HitechAshu

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
Well,I use my PC just for gaming,and I will run games like Crysis 3,Skyrim and other next-gen games.My budget is 40,000Rs,which equates for 667$.

HitechAshu

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
Actually,I am just 15,so I was saving money,and to save,I need a target amount.I targeted a GTX770,and on a safer side,I kept my savings target of 40,000Rs.(Indian Currency),which I will achieve this same month next year,and by the time,the Gtx770 will become a bit weaker.Thus,I was making sure that my CPU will handle it,which now I am,thanks to you guys.
Hope you all understand. :D

Still want that GTX 770? What's your monitor resolution?

At 1080p you don't really need a GTX 770. Anything from a HD 7850 or GTX 650 Ti Boost, to a HD 7950 will be good enough and significantly cheaper.
AMD gives free games with those cards too.

HitechAshu

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013

Even after an year,will it be a overkill?Also,once I upgrade to this,I wont be able to do my next upgrade for the next 3-4 years,so will it run games till that time.And I mean run,not high settings,should do fine even if I have to play at low settings.

logainofhades

Titan

If you plan on staying at that resolution for quite some time, then 770 is unnecessary. You don't need anything more than an HD 7850 or GTX 650ti with boost. With your i5 and one of those cards, you should be able to run high to ultra on pretty much any game you want at that resolution. Even those might be a bit overkill. But they might give you enough extra money, with what you have saved up, to maybe pick up a better monitor.

HitechAshu

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013

Actually I have a 1080P Sony Bravia,and have connected my CPU many a times,but there was no fun as my Gt630 gave kind of poor FPS while playing games,which spoiled the mood :( . Once I get this GPU,I will rock almost every game at Ultra Settings.
Also,does my Motherboard(ASRock H71M-DGS) support this GPU?

HitechAshu

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
Thank you guys for helping me.Guess I will go with this card.
Also,what PSU would you guys recommend for me when I get this card?

What's your current PSU? It might still be sufficient. You will need at least 600W as suggested by Nvidia.

Also your PSU needs to have one 6-pin and 8-pin power connector to be connected to the 770. Some graphic card models have different power connector requirements from the reference card, so check the specifications before buying.

HitechAshu

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013

Well,as you might would have seen that I am a complete noob,so I just simply now nothing about that 8pin,6pin stuff.Can you recommend a particular cheap PSU that has what this Zotac Gtx770 AMP edition needs?
Also,I was taking a look at the images of this card,and I was unable to find a HDMI port,though the specifications show that it has one.Am I doing something noobish again?
Edit-I forgot to mention my PSU.Mine is a IBall Psy-255 PSU,dont know how many watts.