Report: Green Light for Never Settle Bundle for AMD R200s

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 217926

So a repeat of the Never Make a Profit Bundle huh.

jktmstokes1

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
What if you already have a Gold code and haven't used it... I wonder if there will be new tier for the newer cards? If Gold is Gold and BF4 is another Gold-only option, no matter the card. This is what I hope for, as this is what I've been saving my code for. Saints Row 4 and BF4 plus another game off that list? Amazing value with a powercolor 7950.

I was thinking about getting a 290x, so I wonder if this means the never settle forever bundle will be extended? The card I have says it ends December 31st. A possible scenario would be that the newer cards get a card with an extended date, so better games in the future (past december) may be added. Who knows. all conjecture as of now.

jktmstokes1

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
Still... doesn't make since that they'd add BF4 when they made such a big deal out of it being bundled with the 290x... When I saw that bundle I immediately thought that it was out of the question to be added to the never settle bundle. Who knows, still holding out hope.

jktmstokes1

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
I highly doubt any announcements will be made until BF4 comes out, or at the very least the 290x comes out, a day before. Wouldn't be surprised if it takes more than 30 days though. Which is why i'm holding out until more announcements are made and more information becomes available.

dgingeri

Distinguished
I haven't seen a video card yet with free games of any type I actually want. I just got a second GTX680, and it came with free Batman: Arkham Origins, and I just don't want it. It's not my type of game. I've had free games with video cards dating back over a decade, and I pretty much have just given them to my nephew. I have yet to see one of value to me. None of these look any good either.

silicondoc_85

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
Well who can complain ? AMD has done something that is actually good for gamers trying to dump their piece of crap cards - well at least they are trying since coding drivers is something they continuously fail to do properly.

I do have to wonder how much they have to beg the game makers for the cheap subsidy, though. Might not be good in the long run for the companies that create our gaming content. I guess they have to suffer for amd's repeated failures, too.

Also, since the cards suck and too many know it, it's a rather underhanded way to get sales, a sort of pathetic cry for help. I mean it's nice to get "free games", but probably not so much with the crashing piece of crap amd cards.

Oh, was I complaining ? How about that.

jktmstokes1

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
Let's be open minded here and not too overly irrational.. Sounds like you've had some bad experiences, which always cloud ones perception of a product. I'm the same way, though I try not to be that way. I have a computer with an Nvidia GPU and a Computer with an AMD GPU, and while I do agree, Nvidia is leaps and bounds better with drivers and support, plus the GeForce Experience app is killer, the AMD cards aren't as dreadful as you claim. Actually I see positive takes on them quite frequently. I've had no bad experiences and I do enjoy the lower prices plus the game bundles.

The link I posted before your post shows the NVIDIA too is going with a games bundled scenario. It's just added incentive, not some plea for help. NVIDIA and AMD both have their strengths and weaknesses, too take it past that, to an extreme, is just a display of irrationality on some level.

Scrapy

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
Has anybody got an idea of when the bundle is coming? Are we talking days, weeks or even months? I need a new GPU next week...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS