Need Help Installing a Game to a Flash Drive

gamerguy319

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
Hello, I have this FREE game called Warframe, and I want to put it onto a usb drive and take it to school. However I cannot install the game onto the school pc's because I could get in trouble, however I could put a few files in the %localappdata% folder but the game itself has to be run off the flash drive. Has anyone had experience doing this kind of thing with any game. Any help would be appreciated, Thank you.

crookedmouth

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
This is just my thoughts, I think it would be very difficult to make an online game like this portable. It would most likely constantly be trying to update itself. Also your school would probably have an aggressive firewall. Perhaps I'm wrong about that. Plus I think the only real safe way to create a portable app is with a program like ThinApp(formally Thinstall). There are how-to's online for DIYs but I don't think you want to start messing with your school's computer's registry entries. Plus don't schools really frown on shooters being played on their computers?

gamerguy319

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
well I would probably be updating it at home and the teacher really does not care I just cant let an administrator see it but that's not hard to do... windows key is my best friend
and about the firewall it seems like there may be a chance of it getting through it because the website is not blocked but maybe your right on that one