If Nvidia GPUs have Kernel Driver failures, what does AMD have?

Patrick Verzosa

Honorable
May 17, 2013
I've had a GTX 560Ti for 3 years now and I've been having issues just like other people have: "Kernel Driver stopped responding and has recovered". Even the Nvidia forums have people complaining about it and still haven't found a solution. All this articles and discussions are made but no solutions. If there is, please send me a link. I finally got tired of it and now that the GTX 700 series was released quite sometime already which I've found people also complaining about its driver failure, I want to know whether AMD GPUs are worth changing for.

Well any card could have driver problems.
You could have underling hardware issues as well.

I think AMD cards says something like "AMD Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered"
I saw that maybe 3 times total over 8 months.

abdbgames

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
AMD drivers have only really failed when using overdrive wrong from experiance. (I own both brands of cards in different systems, but lean more towards advocating AMD... It's close though)

What I'm saying is an unstable OC can lead to that error, lack of power can lead to that error, overheating can lead to that error. I did not say all OC's will lead to the error. This is not a brand thing. This is what happens to either brand when these things happen.

Patrick Verzosa

Honorable
May 17, 2013

I've replaced my old psu after I found out that it might be a lack of power before and still had the error. So I was thinking its not my psu but the card itself. And my gpu is not an OC version. I just go ultra settings on some games too. I forgot to tell you that the kernel driver mostly crashes on me when on idle. So I don't really understand why it does that.