low power, light gaming desktop.

anathema_forever

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Approximate Purchase Date: next 6 months

Budget Range: 800

System Usage from Most to Least Important: League of Legends, Streaming video, web browsing

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: CPU, GPU, Mobo, Hard drive, (SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold PSU reusing)

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com, ncix.com, amazon.com

Parts Preferences: Intel, Nvidia,

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: I would like a quiet pc that doesn't use much power while i am not doing gaming or something else hardware intensive. Is there a such a thing as a power efficient dedicated GPU these days that can do light to moderate gaming? Is this build direction even worth it?

MSI ATX Z87-G45 GAMING ($145)
Intel Core i5-4570 Quad-Core ($200)
Samsung 840 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5-Inch ($180)

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I want to upgrade because my curent setup uses 210 watts of power while i am web browsing and I usually have it running all day.

ubisoftblackbox

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
well what sort of settings do u want to play games in ?
eg ultra/high/medium/low
and what resolution ?
do you want to keep anti aliasing and v-sync on ?
do you want to enjoy nvidia physx?
and give a few examples of games you play frequently or plan to play

based on your answers i might be able to help you

anathema_forever

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
the only I game I play much is league of legends, and I would like to play it in full HD with atleast moderate quality. I would like to be able to play minecraft, CS GO, Minecraft. I am not a big gamer mostly I only play a few games a year and League of legends. I don't really know what half those gpu settings mean but I don't need full high settings. I been liking the idea of a Steambox that I could put windows 8 on and dual boot it.

TRENDING THREADS