Does Newegg really give you the run around when getting parts replaced?

cinders1008

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013
I just bought a ton of computer parts to build a gaming comp from Newegg. Everything showed up quickly, and looked to be new. I had an experienced person build the computer for me. After 2 days of using it, the monitor went black, and the mouse and keyboard did too. Nothing was recognizing that the computer was even on. So I opened a chat with Newegg and told them that it would turn on, but I could not get a picture or anything else for that matter. Mind you this is day 7 after receiving the parts from Newegg. The customer service agent refused to help me and told me to call the Manufacturer of the MB, and if the manufacturer can not help me trouble shoot it then they will help me. I found that odd considering I was well within my 30 day return period. So I called ASUS and they had me do a few things, but the end result was that they thought the MB was dead. So the very next day I took the computer to a repair shop who tested the computer for free, so I could find out the underlying issue. After testing it the computer repairman said it was either the MB or CPU, and that I need to return them ASAP. I have opened a RMA and am mailing the items back. But I have been seeing a ton of complaints about Newegg refusing RMA's by trying to blame the customer for damaging the components or saying something happens to be missing from the package, or that they have even replaced brand new items with used ones. Has anyone had a bad experience with them? I'm terrified I'm going to get screwed somehow. This is the very first time I have purchased anything from them. I took a ton of pictures of the items before I packaged them back up to prove there is no visible damage to them, and the computer repair place said that there was no visible signs of damage and that they believe it is some kind of manufacturer defect and could attest to it if needed. They told me they could not find any reason for the parts to not be working, as they tested them and looked them over very thoroughly, and the only explanation is defective parts. I'm just worried that they will try and blame me for something or give me back used parts after reading a ton of horrible reviews on their company and their RMA process. Any advice would be great.

Jaxem

Honorable
i've never used the chat service to try to initiate an RMA, if you go into your purchase history you can start one with no human interaction which i'm pretty sure gets automatically approved if you're within the period, it makes you give a reason and such, but it's always worked well for me in the couple times i used it.

with motherboard vendors (asus/msi/....) wont take the motherboard back with bent cpu pins. most newbee errors is to force a cpu in and smash the pins. but i found that the black cpu cover and it been posted online does not protect the cpu pins as it should. I gotten new mb with smashed pins...had to put a claim against the shipper.

cinders1008

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013
I wasn't sure if I needed to call them or what, and when I couldn't find a phone number I opened up a chat window. The girl just seemed like she didn't want to be bothered and that worried me a little. I did end up going into my account an opened the RMA's there. I had no clue how the process worked because this was my first time ever buying from them. I just happened to see several bad reviews about how they deal with returns and replacements, and being that the two parts that are being replaced cost well over 300$ and are what make the computer run, I wanted to see if the bad reviews were real or just negative people complaining for no reason. I appreciate your thoughts. When you have returned things before, how long did the whole process take? I only ask because I bought this stuff as a B-day present for my son, and now he has to sit and wait to use it :(

cinders1008

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013

The computer repairman said the board looked just fine. No bent pins or cracks or any visible reasons for it not to be working. I knew better than try an install these things myself, that's why I had a pro put it together for me lol. I can do your taxes all day long, but putting together a computer is not my forte. :)