2 Gpus 2 Monitors, both connected to seperate Gpu's, only one GPU is used..

martelmungo

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
I have 2 Radeon 7870s, they are not crossfired, they are not connected by the bridge for crossfire either.
Monitor one is on GPU 1
Monitor two is on GPU 2
I will launch League of legends, Will play it on the same monitor the taskbar is on. I Open Youtube, go to a HD video and drag it over to monitor 2, but GPU 2 will remain at 0% utilization and GPU 1 will increase more.

I've ran sims 3, dragged it over to monitor 2, gpu2, and gpu one continues to process it and it lags, if i move it back to gpu1 mon 1, the lag disappears, from my guess gpu one is processing it, then sending it back through the pci-e x16 and then the 2nd gpu is receiving it and then outputting it... but why? Something with windows 7?

AMD 8350 4.8Ghz(OC Stable)
Corsair Hi80
32GB 1600mhz ram
SSD for games SSD for Windows, HDD for storage. I've ran lol from both a ram drive and the SSD
mobo Asus Sabertooth r2.0
None of the games are ran from CDs or the hard drive, only the SSDs
Internet Comcast 13.125 megabyte/s speed 100 something megabit connection, wired

Solution
I think you have to launch the game on the other gpu(the game launches on a video card and not a screen). Some games have a setting to select what video card/monitor in the options

It did the same thing with having a game dedicated and dragged to onboard. It did not perform as well, but performed WAY better than the onboard could because the dedicated was doing all the work.

Honestly, I would just crossfire them and let the cards balance the work.

I am not sure if setting the primary screen then starting a game and swapping back would work or crash the game. If it works it would force the game to load on the second video card.
I think you have to launch the game on the other gpu(the game launches on a video card and not a screen). Some games have a setting to select what video card/monitor in the options

It did the same thing with having a game dedicated and dragged to onboard. It did not perform as well, but performed WAY better than the onboard could because the dedicated was doing all the work.

Honestly, I would just crossfire them and let the cards balance the work.

I am not sure if setting the primary screen then starting a game and swapping back would work or crash the game. If it works it would force the game to load on the second video card.

Solution