One side of LED backlit monitor slightly yellower than the other

saihv

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013
Hi, I have very recently bought an ASUS VS228H-P 1080p 21.5 inch monitor. A day or so later, I noticed that if I have an all white-ish background, like IDEs or most web pages, the left side seems to be warmer, in a 'yellower' way; whereas the right side cooler. The difference is not very glaring; also anyway, if I look from the side, everything looks quite yellow.

But I just wanted to know, is this a problem that I can safely ignore, or is it a sign that something may degrade faster than usual and should I get it fixed?

Thanks.

Solution
If you see a color imbalance when looking at the monitor dead-on (not at an angle), then that suggests your monitor has a defect. In that case I would RMA it for a replacement.

saihv

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013
Well, I can't look at the whole screen from a dead-on view as it is big; if I move my head to the right, facing the right side, half of the screen is white, the other half is yellow. If I move to the left, the left side is white and the right is yellow.

But when I compare the white level of right/left based on what I see when I move my head, the rihgt side is whiter than the left.