Are any of my parts going to bottleneck or be bottlenecked by other parts? Is this a good build?

ess0523

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
This is my build:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1LJYI

How is it? Is it good? Will anything be bottlenecked? Will everything work? Are there any upgrades I could or should make on a budget of up to $2700? (I will overclock) Can I get a good overclock with this system?

I also have some requirements I set for myself:

• ■ I will only use Air Cooling (NO water cooling closed or custom!)
    ■ I want my scheme to be green and black and red
    ■ I want the best performance I can get

Amit Parmar

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
It's good. Switch to Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. Better and cheaper. I don't think you should get a 780. You should either wait and get a 290x or get Crossfire 280x.

And switch the case to Cooler Master HAF XM or Antec 900.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
No you got the whole rig wrong ! What you need is................just kidding ;) Great rig, I'd love to have it....should do about anything you want it to....on the DRAM for a 2x8GB 2400 might look at the GSkill Tridents, they are stronger sticks than the Corsairs, Have in both my IB and my Haswell (see sig)

ess0523

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013

Thanks for the answer and good to know, but I researched it and the GSkill Tridents are 10mm taller than the vengeance pros and I need the Phanteks cooler to fit which I think has a 44mm clearance which just fits the vengeance pros at 44mm tall.

ess0523

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013

Thanks for the answer and I took what you said into consideration, but when I researched which cooler to get I found that in most peoples' opinions, the phanteks cooler was better than the 212 evo. ALso I just like Nvidia better than any other GPU company and as I did take the new 290x into consideration, I think the 780 is just a better card and I think Nvidia is just a better company for gaming. Lastly, I want a black case and this one also has lights that can be turned to red or green which is one of my requirements for my color scheme unlike the other ones.

Amit Parmar

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013

Nice choice. NVidia will soon release shadowplay so that is good.