Asus Transformer Book T100 Now On Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

BringMeAnother

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
There is a full review of this at Anandtech if anyone is interested. In summary, it's very the best when compared to the similarly priced Win8 competitor, but doesn't really stand out if you also include the Android and iOS devices, so it boils down to if you need those x86 apps. Also, the battery life is great at more than 8:30 hours of browsing and wifi.

Personally, this is great and I'm really considering it. However, I'd wait for the reviews for the Dell Venue 8 and 11, Microsoft Surface Pro 2, Toshiba Encore, Acer Iconia W4 and Sony Vaio Tap 11 to come out. (The Tap 11's review is actually already out.)

However good the T100 is, if I take a Bay Trail CPU, I'd rather go 8in for the great tablet experience without a keyboard dock. If I take a 10in tablet, I'd rather go for the Surface Pro, Tap 11 or Venue 11 for the Haswell CPU for more performance and I'd be willing to lower my expectation on battery life and form factor.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
That thing is thick.

I didn't have a good experience with my TF101. It never broke, but the general design of it, plus the poor software updates from ASUS coupled with the questionable keyboard design that ASUS seems to be clinging to has turned me off from their devices entirely. On the other hand, the price is decent for a 64GB Windows 8.1 tablet.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Interesting price, not the specs though. Not everyone needs full HD, a core i5, 4Gb ram minimum, but I do and so do a lot of other people. Long ago I resigned myself to the fact that if I want even marginally better performance I have to pay for it. I'll be holding out for the Surface Pro 2 with type cover 2.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Could you install Ubuntu on this? Would be killer. Install would only take 5GB leaving you 25 for software, and it would run blazing fast. Plus no tiles.

mfgillia

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
$400 dollars for relatively snappy performance runs full windows 8.1, free MS Office and hard keyboard dock and everyone wants haswell, more ram and resolution on par with iPad's retina - insane.

Baring some serious performance issues this must be the best sub $500 dollar tablet/laptop out there. IPads and Android tablets costing more won't be nearly as good for those wanting to get some actual work done on their tablets - ppts, xls etc.

tkolarik

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
I don't know where you got you facts on this but I cannot find any retail brick and mortar retailer that has it available nor can I find a e-retailer that is shipping it. There are online retailers that say they have it in stock but I called several, including Amazon and no one can say it is really in stock. I even called Asus on Friday and their customer service sales person could not tell me they were actually on sale anywhere. Best Buy was saying they would be available in mid November and Microsoft Store was showing November 20th. It's a ghost product!

albert_hall

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
Office Depot had the 32gb version in stock, at least of yesterday in my local Hawaii store. Judging from the number of paper pickup slips they had at least a dozen. Oddly enough the online website does (did?) not show the T100. Pretty nice machine, responsive and snappy. The display is vibrant but not very bright (AndTech review said it is lowest nit level). The tablet/screen is pretty weighty and when integrated with the keyboard, it is kind of tippy.

albert_hall

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
Office Depot had the 32gb version in stock, at least of yesterday in my local Hawaii store. Judging from the number of paper pickup slips they had at least a dozen. Oddly enough the online website does (did?) not show the T100. Pretty nice machine, responsive and snappy. The display is vibrant but not very bright (AndTech review said it is lowest nit level). The tablet/screen is pretty weighty and when integrated with the keyboard, it is kind of tippy.

Status
Not open for further replies.