Google's Stock Sets New All-Time High

Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
How many shares are there? The amount per share is far more than the figure Apple peaked at, but if there are half as many shares then company total value is much less. Half a story here.

I am not a guy who knows a lot about commerce and all, but all I know is that Google packs the most innovation that any tech company ever does.

Hence it is always good to see a good innovative company gain Market Value. Good to see that.

TeKEffect

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Not it's not half a story. It's not comparing Google to Apple. Google is hitting a all time for its share price. No one said it's market cap surpassed apple.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Share price is more an indication of investor confidence in future performance. It actually matters very much.

Market cap is what determines the total value. Google's market cap is around $338 billion.

For comparison, Apple is $508 billion and Microsoft is $292 billion as of today.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
back_by_demand, height of share price means dick? How do you think the markets work? The price of the share is everything to anyone with a vested interest in the company, it's how you make money on the share.
The market capitalization means dick to everyone except to fanboy trolls who want to tell everyone "my company is bigger than yours". To the rest of us it means jack.

w8gaming

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012

Hmm, in today's world normally we just "google" it for the answer.

But anyway, the article never implies in anyway the market cap of Google has surpassed Apple, or trying to compare Google to Apple in any way. And by virtue that such comparison is never made, it can already be safely deduced that it does not. So the article did not try to misled anyone.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
FFS, share price AND number of shares, thanks for JD88 providing market cap. The story didn't provide any information that even though the shares are worth more than Apples, the company is worth less. Therefore, only half a story. Bad journalism and just pushing a sound bite.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
And w8gaming, I never said the article misled, if fact it says nothing apart from a share price. You are misleading people by putting words in my mouth. Apple is used as an example by me, I would have hoped the writers of the article would have had the sense to do comparisons rather than leaving an obvious question hanging.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
Where in the article does it mention Apple?

Google stocks have set an all time high for GOOG stocks. There are other stocks that are higher than that. Calumet and Hecla had a stock price of $1000 back in 1907.

Status
Not open for further replies.