Never Settle: worth the wait?

Treeroyk

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
It looks like the new Never Settle bundle is coming out in January (the current one ends Dec 31), and I'm getting the R9 280X as part of my new computer. January was going to be when I can afford the upgrade, but the circumstances have changed and I can afford it now.

So I'm asking myself: should I get the PC now, or should I wait until January?

I really can't decide, so any advice or arguments for either side would be appreciated.
I'm only using this computer for 2 years so 3 months is pretty significant, I really do want the better graphics now, but there may be some very compelling games in the bundle.

DudeMartin

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
I don't think there is a correct answer to this. It, as you said, really comes down to whether or not you want the games. If you value those games more than about 2 months of waiting, then go ahead and wait for it. If you really want to upgrade your computer and enjoy the games you want now (2 months sooner) at the cost of not getting some free games, then go for it. I mean I'm restating the obvious here, but this question doesn't really have an answer - it's whatever you feel is best for you. I personally would not wait because the only game that I will be playing with the computer that I will be building is Battlfield 4, along with some games that I already own. As far as I know, the bundle won't include that title so I see no reason to wait. But that's just my opinion, you may have different tastes.

Treeroyk

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013

Thanks for the replies. I suppose the problem is that I simply don't know what the bundle will include. Other than seeing how it utilises Mantle I have no interest in BF4, regardless of whether it's in the bundle; Assassin's Creed 4 may be on my wishlist but I'd like to see reviews first; and I'm not sure what else might be on there. Watchdogs? Delayed. Batman? It's nvidia + I have it. Rome 2? Don't want it. Call of Duty? haha.

On the other hand, it may be possible to sell the codes for the games, which would be nice.

Treeroyk

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013

Dude, you should try reading the thread before researching a reply. I am asking about waiting to buy the R9 280X with games in January or to buy it now with no games. I am completely aware of what the current bundle is, as evidenced in the first post as well as the thread title. I'm not asking what the current bundle is or if I can use it.

I already have all of the current games anyway.