Dropped amd 8320 need help with bent pin

bala2289

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
Hi,

I dropped my brand new amd 8320. It got stuck to the stock cooler while removing it I accidentally dropped it. 4-5 pins were bent and one corner is a bit damaged. I managed to bring the pins straight. Attached my cooler master tx3 evo. System boots everything seems to work fine. But deep down i'm still scared to death :( Will it cause any issues later. I bought the new system yesterday. :(

Gaidax

Distinguished
Ouch...

Go download Prime95, it's a program that is capable to stress test your CPU to the limit - go to options there and select "Torture Test", then chose the Blend test.

Run it for 4-5 hours, if no errors pop up , consider yourself lucky.

If you want to be completely sure - chose Small FFT test and run it for 24 hours straight - if you get no errors there, then your CPU can survive a nuclear blast. Make sure you have adequate cooling with this one.

bala2289

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013

Sure will let you know once done. Thank you :)
Ran prime95 in blendmode for 4 hours no errors :) but Gpu froze in the end no output. I rebooted then. Temp was always 65+- Max was 70c. Checked with speedfan and coretemp.
In speedfan
temp1 (motherboard or Northbridge) = 35+-
temp2 (motherboard or Northbridge) = 65+-
temp3 Cpu = 65+-

Will run small fft test on the weekend. Will get a additional 120mm fan by then. Currently have 1 front 120mm fan from CM cabinet. 1 120mm as another input on the side of the cabinet. Cpu cooler pushes air through the top of the cabinet. Will add the new fan at the rear of the cabinet.

Lol while checking similar threads i saw a guy with the same cpu broke 2 pins and he plugged in two copper wires and it worked (Atleast at that time, not sure for how long) :)

bala2289

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013

Everything works fine. Have overclocked it 4.3 ghz now. Ran 6 hours of blend test and 3 hours of small ftt test. :)

TRENDING THREADS