New gaming set up.

Pingbrah

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
Hi, I'm soon going to be upgrading my gaming computer. Here is what i have in it now: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T Processor 3.30 GHz, AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series, and the M4A88T-M/USB3. Here is what i was planning on putting in: Intel Core i5- 3570k (planning on overclocking), Asus GEFORCE GTX 770 GRAPHIC CARD, and the MSI H77MA-G43 LGA 1155.

Would you recommend overclocking or not? Also i was thinking about even going to an i7 but I'm not sure what the performance difference would be for the extra money spent. I mainly play league of legends, and gmod. But i have been getting into wow, gta, and bf4.(I'm willing to spend a little bit of extra money)

mr1hm

Distinguished
going to an i7 would help out in games like WoW and BF4 but, im not too sure about GTA. as far as overclocking goes, i'm not exactly sure if that motherboard will even have all the voltage options to fine tune your overclocks. i believe the H77 motherboards have "limited overclocking" settings.

if you're going with the LGA1155 socket and definitely want to overclock, i recommend a motherboard that's labeled "Z"77 as those will fully support it. my Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H was an excellent board with great power delivery to the CPU even @ very high overclocks like 5GHz.