• Sabertooth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maximus VI Hero

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

BroomzK

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
I was wanting to ask a simple question(or at least simple in my mind), which motherboard is better:the ASUS ROG VI Hero or the TUF Sabertooth. I am looking to get the Z87 version. My build is this: Intel i5 4670k
EVGA GTX 650 2gb Superclocked 128 bit GDDR5
WD VelociRaptor 10000rpm 32MB Cache
G-Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB(2x4GB) Sticks 240-pin DDR3 2400mghz
Thermaltake Smart Series 650w 12v ATX
Coolermaster CM Storm Scout 2 mid tower Case

I am also getting the Rosewill AIOLOS PLUS 120mm fan and heatsink for my processor as i plan to do some minor overclocking and I heard the Stock fan for the 4670k is not all that great. Also i understand that with the Sabertooth i would not be able to use the full 2400mghz for my ram and that even for the Maximus VI Hero it would be a RAM overclock. My general build thought was to make a somewhat lower budget gaming PC. I play RTS games like Starcraft 2 and Warcraft 3. So the nature of the games require a more processor intense requirement, which is why i felt i could somewhat skimp on the Video Card. I am thinking about upgrading the GPU to the GTX 760 in the near future but for now I would just like to know which is the better board comparably.

Thanks.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
After building on both, I chose the Hero, OCs a little better, handles high end DRAM (and amounts better), both run cool, like the ROG FX high end audio on the Hero, it's a great mobo (they both are), but I went Hero, currently with a 4770K at 4.6 (almost to 4.7 ;) ), 32GB of 2666 Tridents, a Asus 280X CU (just got today) and the CM GTS V8 cooler